Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2024 Highland with 19"Nova wheels - checking & changing tyre pressures

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Couple of things

Firstly, with the 19" Nova wheels I can get my tyre pressure gauges onto the valve but none of my inflator nozzles will fit because the black aero trim hasn't got a large enough hole. So either the trim will have to come off or I'll have to find some sort of extension piece to add to the end of my nozzle. Anyone come across this yet and come up with a solution? I tried tugging on the plastic trim but it seems pretty tightly fixed and plastic lugs no doubt have a tendency to snap, particularly in cold weather.

Secondly tyre pressures. My three digital/mechanical gauges all show slight variations anyway and are about 1 to 2 psi lower than Tesla TPMS figures. Obviously setting cold but but should the digital ones prevail over Tesla?

I usually use a compressor with the screw on connection, the diameter isn’t much more than that of a valve cap but can still be fiddly on my MY to get on and more relevantly off quickly (as you unscrew air starts to escape). But that might be worth a try?

Reactions: Roger20
I think something like this might work

1708884649590.png