Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

110V directly from the battery?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys,
I am relatively new here, so please don't lynch me if this question has been asked before.
My understanding is that to get 110V power directly from M3 battery I would need the 12V-110V converter because there is no 110V outlet in M3, right?
So, can the M3 battery be used as a "power bank" in case of a power outage in the area?

• Informative
Reactions: Rocky_H
There are postings where it stated that it works, the DC converter will charge the 12v battery from the main battery. BUT as the owners manual states, this will void the warranty. If you did it once for a short period, it may be ok, but during a long power outage, Tesla probably has the data recorded. It may also notify them that the DC converter is constantly charging the 12v which initially may be indicating a problem.

From their point, you are placing a wear that is not accounted for both battery’s warranty. Also, I don’t know how well the DC converter is designed for this purpose and under what load.