Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

#12 sensor failed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks! its quoted to be between 250-300. I am really hoping that they will comp the repair since the ball has been dropped multiple times during this process! I will update tomorrow. Thanks again!
The sensor was replaced this Morning. The cost was complementary. All functions are back to normal. The process took about 20min. This repair started April 20th and has been compete today July 30th. The biggest reason it took so long is because Tesla has a hard time with providing and cataloging appropriate parts. I was told by the manager, Tesla is getting better with the parts process but there is still a learning curve between body shops and them to get the process to be much smoother and time efficient.

The sensor was replaced this Morning. The cost was complementary. All functions are back to normal. The process took about 20min. This repair started April 20th and has been compete today July 30th. The biggest reason it took so long is because Tesla has a hard time with providing and cataloging appropriate parts. I was told by the manager, Tesla is getting better with the parts process but there is still a learning curve between body shops and them to get the process to be much smoother and time efficient.
Congrats, @UkrHog. Glad to hear that Tesla Service made the repair complementary after such a long delay. I'm expecting a call from the mobile service today or tomorrow and will make sure that they get the right parts.

Congrats, @UkrHog. Glad to hear that Tesla Service made the repair complementary after such a long delay. I'm expecting a call from the mobile service today or tomorrow and will make sure that they get the right parts.
Thank you! It was not Tesla Service (maybe they had an influence), it was a Tesla certified bodyshop (specifically Tampa Service King) their manager said he was sorry for my experience and the least he could do was have the repair on them :)

Christian from Tesla Mobile Service came to my office parking lot today. It took less than 10 minutes for him to fix the Sensor #12, which is the first round dot from the driver side on the rear fender. It turned out that the Tesla certified body shop forgot to plug it in after they fixed a dent on the trunk.
Summon is working like a charm now. I'll test other related functions such as Auto Lane Change, Blind Spot Monitoring, Parking Assist and Auto Park when I get the chance. :)

Reactions: mekberg