Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Park Sensor(s) may be obstructed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A couple of days ago while driving on the freeway I suddenly got two messages that popped up. One says "park assist unavailable" and the other says "parking sensor(s) may be obstructed." Doing some checks online suggestions were to clean the sensors and reboot the software. I've cleaned all sensors and cameras as well as rebooting, but the message remains. In the service menu all of the sensors and cameras show as green, so nothing obvious stands out. I did install the auto-frunk last weekend and plan to check all of those connections and anything near that this weekend before I set up a service appointment. Anyone have any other suggestions to look at?

A couple of days ago while driving on the freeway I suddenly got two messages that popped up. One says "park assist unavailable" and the other says "parking sensor(s) may be obstructed." Doing some checks online suggestions were to clean the sensors and reboot the software. I've cleaned all sensors and cameras as well as rebooting, but the message remains. In the service menu all of the sensors and cameras show as green, so nothing obvious stands out. I did install the auto-frunk last weekend and plan to check all of those connections and anything near that this weekend before I set up a service appointment. Anyone have any other suggestions to look at?
If the car is under warranty, schedule a service appointment with a SC.
Even if it isn't, do it anyway to get have SC run diagnostics and send you an estimate for repairs.

HTH,
a

P.S.: Bad wiring or a bad parking ultrasonic sensor would be my guess.
P.P.S.: Since you've recently messed with wiring, that becomes the most likely point of failure.