Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

12v battery warranty?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry to say, the 12v is not part of the power train warranty. It is covered by the general warranty, which may have expired.

Of all the things that could fail out of warranty, the 12v is the least problematic. You can do it yourself on a dual motor MS, batt is like only 120 bucks.
I did not say power train warranty. I am talking about Battery warranty which the Tesla App shows. In the app drive unit coverage is given separately and the battery warranty is shown separately. Anyway they replaced my 12v battery for free and all is well now. But i bought the car 3yr 10 months and the mileage is 31k so it could be 4yr and below 50k. The rep I spoke to is not sure about it. The SC is closed weekends. My car was towed to SC Sat evening and they finished replacing the battery Monday evening though the initial estimate said Wed by 6pm.

That's not true. The 12v is covered under the CPO warranty, at least on my car.
It is easy to replace it once you open the Frunk. But if the 12v is dead nothing works. No remote and app does not connect either. There is a panel on front bumper (right side if you look towards the car) which you pop and then pop the Frunk. The tow truck guy showed me that. Then you can put some juice into the 12v battery with a car charger or replace it.

It is easy to replace it once you open the Frunk. But if the 12v is dead nothing works. No remote and app does not connect either. There is a panel on front bumper (right side if you look towards the car) which you pop and then pop the Frunk. The tow truck guy showed me that. Then you can put some juice into the 12v battery with a car charger or replace it.
I have installed a fused jumper to the ground stud and jump point that is well hidden yet easy to access from the frunk latch hole in the front garnish.

It seems Tesla really does not want you to bolt to the ground stud. No known nut will fit those threads. Being clever, I found a way...
I did not say power train warranty. I am talking about Battery warranty which the Tesla App shows. In the app drive unit coverage is given separately and the battery warranty is shown separately. Anyway they replaced my 12v battery for free and all is well now. But i bought the car 3yr 10 months and the mileage is 31k so it could be 4yr and below 50k. The rep I spoke to is not sure about it. The SC is closed weekends. My car was towed to SC Sat evening and they finished replacing the battery Monday evening though the initial estimate said Wed by 6pm.

It is wise when dealing with Tesla, to download and print out all paperwork, including warranties, since they like to change things, usually in their favor with time, and not tell anyone, including the "customer facing assets"

It is wise when dealing with Tesla, to download and print out all paperwork, including warranties, since they like to change things, usually in their favor with time, and not tell anyone, including the "customer facing assets"
EXACTLY CORRECT/RIGHT. Save it, print it. Date it. Keep it. AND any hard copy any receipt that you paid for a repair or item before/during that warranty.

Reactions: ivyvy and aerodyne
Aurora SC changed 12v battery replacement from $0 (warranty item) to now $104 (customer pay). I made mistake of not taking screenshot of previous estimate. We’ll see tomorrow how the service charge turn out, 4 yrs warranty expire 9/25/2022.