Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

12v Power Outlets

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Both of the 12v power outlets on my Model Y do not work. Is there something that has to be done to make them operable? The OM says the car has to be 'awake'. It seems to be awake with all interior functions operating but the outlets are dead.

Mine are active whenever the screen is on. I used them to run the tire compressor several times. Probably you should call for service. I believe those outlets are in an auto reset breaker. so unless something is constantly shorting them they should have power.

What were you attempting to use via one of the 12V accessory outlets? The Tesla Model Y's 12V accessory outlet is suitable for devices that draw up to 12A continuous (16A peak.) These outlets are protected by a circuit breaker. The breaker will automatically reset after a period of time.

Reactions: Ezmendriz
Have you been able to test the tire pump using another vehicle? Some Tesla owners have reported that the Tesla 12V tire pump did not work or that the sealant canister did not work for them when attempting to seal a leak.
I did test the pump on another outlet and it did not work. I am sending it back. But I also tried another accessory that works on the MY outlets. They are definitely dead. I have a service order in and am now troubleshooting with them.