Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

12V Smoke Plug Power

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
12V is still keep ON even I locked my car

New The 12 V auxiliary plug turns if off automatically after few minutes when the car goes on sleep mode

It will turn off the power when the car goes to sleep. It could take an hour or two after it is parked. It won't sleep while charging or with Sentry/Climate/Dog/Camping on, or if you open the Tesla app or monitor it through the API incorrectly (ie TeslaFi sleep mode not configured correctly).

It will turn off the power when the car goes to sleep. It could take an hour or two after it is parked. It won't sleep while charging or with Sentry/Climate/Dog/Camping on, or if you open the Tesla app or monitor it through the API incorrectly (ie TeslaFi sleep mode not configured correctly).

Really?? Just worry about just in case not sleep, I will loss 12V battery power...

Really?? Just worry about just in case not sleep, I will loss 12V battery power...

I tapped 12V off the Subwoofer Amp for a Radar Detector that was BlueTooth paired to my phone (I think 12V Socket was off and on exactly the same and used it initially before I hardwired to the amp). Now I knew when car wasn’t sleeping. Even with all pumps and fans quiet it was often not sleeping last winter.

I tapped 12V off the Subwoofer Amp for a Radar Detector that was BlueTooth paired to my phone (I think 12V Socket was off and on exactly the same and used it initially before I hardwired to the amp). Now I knew when car wasn’t sleeping. Even with all pumps and fans quiet it was often not sleeping last winter.

How about 12V battery totally drain out ? many issue for start up car?