Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

14-50 adapter / Plug

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had an electrician come and fix a Nema 14-50 socket in my garage last weeknd. Picked MY yesterday and when i tried to charge, noticed that the standard mobile charger/adapter is a 5-15 plug..Bummer didnt knew it, esle would have asked the delivery person itself..
Luckily i saw the Gen 2 Nema 14-50 adapter available in stock in the Tesla site and ordered one..

my bad, i should have checked it before taking delivery and would have asked the sc for it

If the turn around from placing order to delivery day wasnt a week, I would have ordered online like most people. But cause I got the car sprung on me so fast I figured sc's carried at least some accesories. I figure stock will vary wildy depending on sc.

so these things don't come with adapters????
I would have thought a $60k car would at least come with the obvious adapters, which in the US I would expect probably a 5-15, 14-50, and probably a 14-30 dryer plug.
I can see something like TT-30 being special and not provided, but the ones in almost every house......sillyness!

I would have thought a $60k car would at least come with the obvious adapters, which in the US I would expect probably a 5-15, 14-50, and probably a 14-30 dryer plug.
I can see something like TT-30 being special and not provided, but the ones in almost every house......sillyness!

They do come with adapters. The mobile charger comes with a standard 110v adapter and a J-1772 adapter. J-1772 is the most common adapter in the US right now. The 14-50 is generally a home charging choice, as well as the chargepoint adapter.

I fully understand and expect to be charged for an adapter to make my home charging better. Tesla did their job and covered the mobile just fine in my opinion. They gave us pretty much every common mobile charging solution out there. Supercharging, 110v and J-1722.

Why ship with every possible adapter?

They ship with basic 101 charger. A few bucks and a week can get you an adapter. Surely someone that can afford a 60k car can afford $35?