Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

14-50 Extension

RayK

Safety Score 96 (Will I ever get to 100?)
Apr 5, 2016
San Jose, CA
Ah, ten dollars? This is an example of the "Tesla Tax" in action because Tesla is mentioned in the cable's description.

I would prefer the cheaper one at $109 simply because it has the "brass knuckles" type of grip. Easier to extract the cable from the socket. Note that both cables omit the neutral connection.

edit: Corrected to say "neutral" instead of "ground".

Last edited:
Reactions: Randy-12
Ah, ten dollars? This is an example of the "Tesla Tax" in action because Tesla is mentioned in the cable's description.

I would prefer the cheaper one at $109 simply because it has the "brass knuckles" type of grip. Easier to extract the cable from the socket. Note that both cables omit the neutral connection.

edit: Corrected to say "neutral" instead of "ground".
I am of the same opinion,
Just wondered why the difference, but Tesla Tax sounds about right.

What do you say @johnr ?

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC