Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

16.2.1 messing up my door unlock and key detect. Android phone.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

timk225

Mar 24, 2016
Pittsburgh
Ever since I got the 16.2.1 update last week, I've been having more problems with my phone not unlocking the car when I approach, and a few times it has asked for the key card after it just unlocked the door for me to get in.

My phone is a Galaxy S9+, with Android version 10.

It gets it right most of the time, but it's been noticeably worse since I got 16.2.1 .

Reactions: TX_M3P+
Very similar setup and problem with phone unlocking door as I approach
Phone is connected and can unlock car from app but then when go to drive asks for card to authorize

Seemed to happen after installing 2020.16.2.1 worked flawlessly for months before that

Galaxy S9+ android v10

Same here, randomly. Car unlocks, get in, and wants card key to start. After about 10 seconds it figures I don't need the card key.

Just started recently too, not sure exactly when. Also have latest 2020.16.2.1

Galaxy S8

Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Android 6.0.1 (what can I say; I don't update my phone that often) here. No problems over the last couple of weeks since receiving 2020.16.2.1. Been in the car about a dozen times and the phone has unlocked and started without needing cardkey or fob.

Yep it's been much worse with this FW release. Hopefully we get another update soon that address this... again. After several failed phone connections I started carrying my key fob and this seems to do much better than the phone. This is my workaround for now.

So far, I have not had the problem with having to use the key card on 16.2.1. Occasionally, the car would not unlock immediately on approach, and I'd either have to try the door again after a few seconds, or unlock the phone, but this was happening several versions back as well. Galaxy Note 10+.

Just to confirm, this is a iPhone problem as well. Since 16.2.1, the only way to unlock the car is using the app manually. I don’t have a key fob and my card is useless. Also, when it unlocks it only stays unlocked for a couple seconds. I disconnected one of my phones and can’t reconnect it. Heaven for bid I leave my phone in the car because I will be SOL. Century mode is no longer getting activated and I’m afraid I’m going to get stranded somewhere one of these days. I have a service appointment scheduled in a couple weeks.