Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New iPhone 15 Pro car won't always unlock

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This issue has been driving me crazy for over a year now. It started with iOS 15. Apple & probably Android (Google) decreased their Bluetooth signal strength while the phone is locked. If I wake up the phone (not unlock) the car will open every time. All the settings are set right with full access for the Tesla app. I always have my phone in my back pocket and the car will not recognize it when I walk up. When I put the phone in my front pocket and walk up I have no issues. I recommend anyone experiencing this issue that keep their phone in their back pocket simply move the phone to your front pocket and see if the issue resolves.

Reactions: CCopperpot
It has to be something with the newer models. I had a work issued iPhone 13 and had the issues, I left the company and switched back to a person iPhone XS which worked flawlessly, the car would be unlocked every single time I came close. I then switched to the 15 pro and sometimes I need to press the wake button 3-4 times before the car unlocks - sometimes I stand there up to 10 seconds

Reactions: JKennedy442
It has to be something with the newer models. I had a work issued iPhone 13 and had the issues, I left the company and switched back to a person iPhone XS which worked flawlessly, the car would be unlocked every single time I came close. I then switched to the 15 pro and sometimes I need to press the wake button 3-4 times before the car unlocks - sometimes I stand there up to 10 seconds
I've found that toggling Bluetooth off then on in Settings clears the issue. DONT use the Control Center, that's not always a true "OFF" setting.

iPhone 14, intermittent unlock or drive (when the car is in the garage and not locked). Making me crazy because its intermittent, seems like once a month. Anyway the last two times the car was in the garage as soon as I hit reverse it asked for the key card. I rebooted the phone, nothing else, still sitting in the seat and it worked. Something changed overnight and I suspect the car because I always shut the phone off at night so it reboots every morning.