Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

'16 P100D- Isolation errors

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

I have started down the path to inspect and repair my HV battery on one of my X's.
125K miles. LDU replaced in 2023.

It started out as intermittent external isolation which would put vehicle in limp mode. Eventually it showed up as internal and obviously the car refused to start.
The internal ISO was always about ~2300 when the car would start and while driving it would drop to 8-900. Eventually when it went to full internal, the internal ISO was 2K and contactors would never close. During this time I had completely powered the vehicle down. I booted up a few times and checked the ISO- each time it dropped further. Each time one observation I had was the coolant pumps spinning. On one of the power ups it dropped to 200Kohms.

I have dropped battery, removed the hump and BMS covers, inclusive of all umbrellas. During this time the pyro replace alert also came up. For two weeks the battery sat outside the vehicle with the hump and bms cover plus umbrellas removed. I finally got the batter tool connected yesterday and probed the battery outside the car. It was 200Kohms. The pack is at 54% so I started the bleed off process. Today ISO is at 2300 and growing. How does it go from 200 to 2K in a day for internal yet have no change for 2 weeks. External iso is at 3.9M@500V.

Is that something that others have seen?
Has anyone seen a case where every 'indicator' part is dry only to find water inside the main bay?
In the battery tool:

When is Isolation Issue set to True?
When is it cleared?

Attachments

• IMG_0246.jpg
    IMG_0246.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0248.jpg
    IMG_0248.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 4