Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

19" Sport Wheel Touchup paint for curb rash

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Could not find a confirmed paint code on the interwebs for the silver 19" Sport wheels so I tested a bottle from Quicktouch (PMSS Starlight Silver) and it worked out nicely. The bottle comes with a standard brush tip and the match is more than satisfactory. I'm still working on this rash (very deep) and I should have filled it before painting, but oh well, it'll just take a little more time to fill and then leave as is, or wet sand then top with a clear. Bottle was shipped form china for $15 total.

Original rash up close.
IMG_1516.jpg

One coat
IMG_1524.jpg

after 4 -5 coats, still more work to do, but OK to show the color match.
IMG_1940.JPG

Reactions: Federico
Could not find a confirmed paint code on the interwebs for the silver 19" Sport wheels so I tested a bottle from Quicktouch (PMSS Starlight Silver) and it worked out nicely. The bottle comes with a standard brush tip and the match is more than satisfactory. I'm still working on this rash (very deep) and I should have filled it before painting, but oh well, it'll just take a little more time to fill and then leave as is, or wet sand then top with a clear. Bottle was shipped form china for $15 total.

Original rash up close.
View attachment 390201

One coat
View attachment 390203

after 4 -5 coats, still more work to do, but OK to show the color match.
View attachment 390204

Hi, is this the one you bought? If not, would you happen to share the link where you purchased? Thanks.

https://www.amazon.com/ERA-Paints-2017-2018-Starlight-Automotive/dp/B07L3NC3J1?th=1

Actually it's a company called Quicktouch and the product is "Tesla PMSS Starlight Silver (12ml paint with brush tip)" Didn't want to post a non-sponsor link.
"

Thank you for your reply. Is it the one below?

https://quiktouch.com/eng/product-detail?tesla-pmss-starlight-silver&id=4174

If yes, that's the lowest price on any touch up paint I've found so far... And by looking at your result, it looks like the best match so far as well. Can you confirm that it is still holding up good? No need to apply extra coating or anything else right? Thanks again!

Reactions: devilmountain
This is the final result after dabbing with touch up paint, then sanding, then more dabbing, then drying for 6 hours, then sanding again, then coating and polishing. I know it still looks rough but if you touch it it is very smooth. This is probably the best I (and my coworker) can do without actually spray painting the whole wheel (which wouldn't be worth it for such small scrape).

Attachments

• IMG_3005.jpg
    IMG_3005.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 1,172
Reactions: Federico
This is the final result after dabbing with touch up paint, then sanding, then more dabbing, then drying for 6 hours, then sanding again, then coating and polishing. I know it still looks rough but if you touch it it is very smooth. This is probably the best I (and my coworker) can do without actually spray painting the whole wheel (which wouldn't be worth it for such small scrape).

What type of sandpaper did you use? I got the touch up paint also and want to try it out on a small scratch.