Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

1st time: Drove my neighbor's new 3 LR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
ICE driver & new to TMC. Just drove my neighbor's new Fremont-built Model 3 LR. Paint is fine. Panel gaps.... umm... three stars out of five... 'bout the same as the 2018 CR-V I had.
It was amazing - like nothing else I've experienced. Calm, quiet, relaxed. Took about six miles to get used to single-pedal driving. I can see why owners burn through tires. Aside from the heavy weight they carry - the acceleration loads are insane unless you restrain yourself... so addictive.

I can also see why Tesla doesn't bother advertising; neighbors sell these things to neighbors. Teslas are beginning to proliferate even in this rural area..My future includes getting a Texas-built Y sometime next year to replace my venerable 2010 G37.

After the test drive my perfectly good '21 CX-5 turbo seemed so lame & frenetic when I got back into it. Having to use a brake pedal... haha.

ICE driver & new to TMC. Just drove my neighbor's new Fremont-built Model 3 LR. Paint is fine. Panel gaps.... umm... three stars out of five... 'bout the same as the 2018 CR-V I had.
It was amazing - like nothing else I've experienced. Calm, quiet, relaxed. Took about six miles to get used to single-pedal driving. I can see why owners burn through tires. Aside from the heavy weight they carry - the acceleration loads are insane unless you restrain yourself... so addictive.

I can also see why Tesla doesn't bother advertising; neighbors sell these things to neighbors. Teslas are beginning to proliferate even in this rural area..My future includes getting a Texas-built Y sometime next year to replace my venerable 2010 G37.

After the test drive my perfectly good '21 CX-5 turbo seemed so lame & frenetic when I got back into it. Having to use a brake pedal... haha.
It ruins other cars. My wife always borrows my Model 3 so she doesn't have to drive her boring Lexus.

Reactions: Big Earl
I get asked about my M3LR a lot and I always enthuse over it and give them the spiel...but it’s like there’s an inbuilt resistance with most people.....mind you, even the wife’s afraid to drive my new car, so it’s not like I’m going to give anyone a test drive 😉

Ever since the gas prices rose I've had different people bring up my Tesla in conversation almost every day at work.
Here's how to blow their minds: Tell them that some EV charging companies have (and probably will continue to) given away FREE power during major holidays. I've received free electrons from EVgo and Electrify America in the last two years. Also tell them that some businesses have free charging stations where you can plug in while you're supposed to be shopping. Ask them when was the last time that Shell, Esso, Husky, Amco, etc. did that for their customers.

Reactions: 6spdcoupe
Here's how to blow their minds: Tell them that some EV charging companies have (and probably will continue to) given away FREE power during major holidays. I've received free electrons from EVgo and Electrify America in the last two years. Also tell them that some businesses have free charging stations where you can plug in while you're supposed to be shopping. Ask them when was the last time that Shell, Esso, Husky, Amco, etc. did that for their customers.

Many hotels and bnb's have free L2 charging as well.

@Morris Minor if you plan to get a Tesla in 2023, you should select one on the website and pay the reservation fee certainly before June 2022. I waited a few years for my Model 3 and you may not wish to wait until 2024.

Getting a new Tesla has a difficult-to-plan reservation time. it’s safer to start early and risk getting it before you are fully ready…