Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2.9.154 is here. With Spotify!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My assumption has been that Tesla's contract with slacker has an exclusivity agreement.

I would be happy if Tesla enabled the Spotify client for NA cars but we had to provide our own account. Tesla doesn't need to pay for it like they do for slacker. Customer choice and all that. I suspect as soon as the contract is up for renewal that we'll get Spotify.

My assumption has been that Tesla's contract with slacker has an exclusivity agreement.

I would be happy if Tesla enabled the Spotify client for NA cars but we had to provide our own account. Tesla doesn't need to pay for it like they do for slacker. Customer choice and all that. I suspect as soon as the contract is up for renewal that we'll get Spotify.
In Europe, we have Spotify but not Summon. We can use Tesla's Spotify account or our own, so I guess that will be the case elsewhere when it's released. I don't know why they couldn't have provided it in the USA for use with one's own account.

I want Google Music with 320kbps streaming in 5.1, no I demand it!

Seriously, so happy to be zipping on the backroads of Appalachia in a battery car streaming
a radio from my home town in the bend of the Carpathians, feels so 21st centurish:)