Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2.9.154 is here. With Spotify!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just finished the update for my 85D (with AP). The release notes list:

Autosteer
Summon (Beta)
Perpendicular Autopark
Enhanced Autopilot Visualization
Traffic-Aware Cruise Control Improvements
Additional Autopilot Improvements
HomeLink: Auto Open/Close
Vehicle Lock Improvements
Display Auto-Brightness
Supercharger Site Availability
Trip Planner Improvements
Additional Improvements

Should I post release note screen shots? Not sure if that had been done on some other thread already(?)

EDIT: Posted the RNs a couple posts lower.

Last edited:
Here is what I got in Michigan with my MS 60:
20160109_125613.jpg
20160109_125623.jpg
20160109_125631.jpg
20160109_125638.jpg
20160109_125646.jpg

85D with AP... (pictures at 50% from what my phone takes. Sorry that they get a little slanted at the end)

IMG_4415.jpg
IMG_4416.jpg
IMG_4417.jpg
IMG_4418.jpg
IMG_4419.jpg
IMG_4420.jpg
IMG_4421.jpg
IMG_4422.jpg
IMG_4423.jpg
IMG_4424.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

I feel like I'm not getting promoted for updates anymore. Is there a setting somewhere that may have gotten turned off? I looked and didn't see anything. I have an 85D and just went out to my car and don't see any available update.

Usually when these updates come out, it takes days until I get prompted for it. This is the first time I got it on day-1.

Got the update as well, wonder why there isn't any launch control that has been floating around that the service centers were pushing.

Also, on the speed limit for auto pilot, seems like I remember seeing something that called out that there was an option to be relative to the traffic...not sure the detials but that may eliminate some of the issue.

Probably not in the release. Probably also means I'm in for a good long wait to get these features, probably never this update.

Ok, that Summon thing is pretty dang cool. I'm starting to get AP-envy... Our classic P85 hasn't gotten the notice yet. The trip planner improvements will be nice, as we use that quite a lot.

(I also just scuffed my front bumper edge pulling into my parking space at my office, and my wife hit our previous car's review mirror on a column next to our space. That autopark feature would be useful to us!)

This could be quite dangerous on some highways. We have one that is 60 mph but traffic flow is about 75. Some years ago I did an experiment for an article and drove the speed limit for 3 days. I'd originally planned to do a full week but cut it short because on some roads it felt much too dangerous.

You can set TACC for whatever speed you like, but you can't have autopilot.

Got the update as well, wonder why there isn't any launch control that has been floating around that the service centers were pushing

I got the launch control and I never got the intermediate update. It didn't appear in the release notes, but it works. You do have to have the "Max battery heat" thing on first.

You can set TACC for whatever speed you like, but you can't have autopilot.

(snip)

To add to what LetsGoFast said, you either have TACC at the speed you like or TACC+Autopilot at an (eventually) limited speed. In every case, you can still go beyond the speed set by using the accelerator, but as soon as you release the accelerator, the car will slow down.

Ahh yes, I did forget the max power button, so i'll have to give it another shot. summons worked like a charm pulled in and out of my garage no issues. Was going to try the perpendicular park option dropping off a package at UPS but realized I had no clue how to initiate it.

As for the +5 MPH with Autosteer, the release notes say that the speed will be limited only on residential roads and roads withOUT a center divider. So when on the highway, your TACC set speed should work with Autosteer without a problem. They have basically introduced a governor for non-highway driving.

Just tried Summon but my driveway must be too steep as it cut off after getting 75% out of my garage (as the car started to tilt down). Release notes say "Only use Summon on flat driveways" so maybe the sensors can tell when the car is not flat anymore(?)

I also had to turn on "Narrow Spaces" to even get it to try to back out of the garage. Good thing it folds the mirrors in automatically!

Ahh yes, I did forget the max power button, so i'll have to give it another shot. summons worked like a charm pulled in and out of my garage no issues. Was going to try the perpendicular park option dropping off a package at UPS but realized I had no clue how to initiate it.

Its pretty much the same as parallel parking. When you get the P in a box on the instrument panel, drop the car in reverse and press the button on the touchscreen. The trick is getting the P to appear. I find I can activate it most reliably by driving slowly past the space while keeping fairly close to the side where I want to park.

- - - Updated - - -

As for the +5 MPH with Autosteer, the release notes say that the speed will be limited only on residential roads and roads withOUT a center divider. So when on the highway, your TACC set speed should work with Autosteer without a problem. They have basically introduced a governor for non-highway driving.

FWIW, I've found that sometimes it doesn't limit the speed on roads where the release notes indicate that it should. YMMV