Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2 Yellow screens -- AFTER service center

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All,

I just got my car back after a horrible 28 day long FSD computer upgrade.

When I dropped off the car my screen fine. I even have photo/video evidence.

When I picked up the car I saw the yellow around big screen. I did a reboot and noticed it was not just the screen in the middle, it was also the screen over the steering column too.

I called the service center and they said it happens. I said I am skeptical that something like this would happen so quickly. I feel like an issue like this gradually happens over time... but of course I don't know any better.

Yes, they offered to have someone come out and fix it, but I am more concerned the messed something up in service - damaged things by leaving the computer on overnight so many nights in a row, replaced a part and caused this issue... I just don't know.

I am hoping someone with better knowledge on the topic can comment if there is a foul here, or if I am being overly concerned.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Walt

Common problem. As the cars ages, the glue on the edges turns yellow. They have a UV light treatment for the center screen. They mount a device to the screen and run it for a bit. I am not aware of any such treatment for the drive binnacle area. My 2018 had this issue and I was always going to get it treated, but never got around to it.

If you search the X (and likely S) forums you will see posts with pictures.

Reactions: Bigriver