Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

20” Cyberstream Wheels on Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don’t think the oem 21s will enhance driving character over the 19s, rather they will hurt it because the 21” oem tire / wheel combo is heavier than the 19”.

Now if you are going to get aftermarket forged 21” wheels that are lighter than the oem cast 19” wheels, then yes you will see handling improvement. I went with forged aftermarket 20” staggered wheels in oem width as that also gave me the most load rating capable tire.

To get the best handling improvement you also need to lose the cast brake rotors and replace them with 2-piece rotors from MountainPass Performance (MPP) or racing brake or unplugged performance. (UP)

Additionally, the suspension links on the refreshes S have a lot of rubber bushings that hurt driving character a lot because they twist under load and make the car’s handling very sluggish. MPP and UP make replacement links with sealed spherical bearings that fix this.
Thanks again! I’ve been checking the MountainPass Performance website, I think eventually that’s the route I will head to for upgrading the suspension and brakes.

I am considering T sportline 21” forged wheel/tire package which is same width as the oem 21”. At the same time, I’ll find out about 20” staggered setup too.

Really appreciate your informative response.

Reactions: MFrunkerOG
I don’t think the oem 21s will enhance driving character over the 19s, rather they will hurt it because the 21” oem tire / wheel combo is heavier than the 19”.

Now if you are going to get aftermarket forged 21” wheels that are lighter than the oem cast 19” wheels, then yes you will see handling improvement. I went with forged aftermarket 20” staggered wheels in oem width as that also gave me the most load rating capable tire.

To get the best handling improvement you also need to lose the cast brake rotors and replace them with 2-piece rotors from MountainPass Performance (MPP) or racing brake or unplugged performance. (UP)

Additionally, the suspension links on the refreshes S have a lot of rubber bushings that hurt driving character a lot because they twist under load and make the car’s handling very sluggish. MPP and UP make replacement links with sealed spherical bearings that fix this.
what tire size did you go with on the 20"? i am debating if i should do 265 in the front and 285 rear or 285 all around.

Attachments

• IMG_2121.jpeg
    IMG_2121.jpeg
    442.9 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_2120.jpeg
    IMG_2120.jpeg
    579.8 KB · Views: 39
Extended lugs from MPP
Nice. I'm always wearing of adding spacers on cars.

Does anyone know if the cyberstreams are plug and play to the new S's? i'm not sure if the stock dimensions of the cyberstreams play nice with the S.

Cyberstream Specs:
Size: 20x9.0" Front, 20x10" Rear
Offset: +40 Front, +35 Rear
PCD: 5x120
Center Bore: 64.1mm
Weight: 32 lbs Front, 33.2 lbs Rear (Estimated)
Lug Nut Spec: 21mm Hex, 14x1.50 Thread
Lug Nut Torque Spec: 129lb-ft

19" Tesla Model S Cardenio Aero Wheel Specs:
Size: 19x9.5" Front, 19x10.5" Rear
Offset: +40 Front, +45 Rear
PCD: 5x120
Center Bore: 64.1mm
Weight: 26.3 lbs (27.9 lbs with aero cover) Front, 27.15 lbs (28.75 lbs with aero cover) Rear
Lug Nut Spec: 21mm Hex, 14x1.50 Thread
Lug Nut Torque Spec: 129lb-ft

Reactions: jhumbo