Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

20” wheels, just how bad are they?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m considering a set of 20” genuine Tesla wheels for my 2019 LR. Curious to know how bad these are for durability. I’ve read a lot about them being less then ideal but am looking for a balanced view given people typically only post when they’ve had an issue. Any long term uk M3 owners been running all year round on these for some time without problems?

I’m considering a set of 20” genuine Tesla wheels for my 2019 LR. Curious to know how bad these are for durability. I’ve read a lot about them being less then ideal but am looking for a balanced view given people typically only post when they’ve had an issue. Any long term uk M3 owners been running all year round on these for some time without problems?
I have 20" alloys on my early 2020 M3P, that's all I've ever had on it, and they have been fine (so far 🤞).

I've had more punctures than any car I've owned (3 I think), but that is likely coincidence, as they were nails. The tyres do cost more than I'd like though - I've actually spent quite a lot more on tyres than I have on electricity to cover 45,000 miles...

I'm in the North West in case geography affects people's answers...

I have 20" alloys on my early 2020 M3P, that's all I've ever had on it, and they have been fine (so far 🤞).

I've had more punctures than any car I've owned (3 I think), but that is likely coincidence, as they were nails. The tyres do cost more than I'd like though - I've actually spent quite a lot more on tyres than I have on electricity to cover 45,000 miles...

I'm in the North West in case geography affects people's answers...
Thanks for that, I assume the wheels are the ones in your profile pic?

Good to know, what wheels did you end up fitting?
I went with these AEZ ones - I was after a multi spoke finish and these were the ones that the wife and I could agree on.

Reactions: cramsnik
Reactions: cramsnik