Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

$200 Primacy MXM4?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Primacy MXM4 are my favorite tires. They are awesome on heavy RWD platform cars. Excellent traction, handling, super quiet, excellent ride. Not concerned about snow traction, since I use winter tires. I have not tried Pilot Sport A/S 3 + because I have been using the MXM4s on all my cars. Love them!

The thing about the Primacy MXM4 that impresses me is the efficiency. Mid-life MXM4's are the tires that resulted in the lowest Wh/mi for my 85D. I did several road trips in mild (75-85 degree) temperatures at 285 Wh/mi or less crusing at 72 MPH. Other tires can barely manage 310 Wh/mi in the same conditions.

I got about 32,000 miles out of a set of Primacy MXM4's, which isn't bad. About the only Grand Touring tire that would beat that is the Pirelli Cinturato P7, but you give up some additional traction for that longer tread life.

Apples and oranges. The Pilot Sports will be worn out long before the Primacys.
They both have the 45K treadwear guarantee. I only got 27K out of my MXM4's. We'll see how long the A/S 3+'s last. Have 6K on them now.
The two tires aren't really directly comparable.
They're both round and facilitate my car moving. That's all that matters to me :) So far, I like the handling better
Noise, handling and energy are my top priorities, in that order.
Noise - same
Handling - A/S better
Energy - A/S 5-10 Wh/mi worse

The SC quoted me $300 each plus install. That's either a ridiculous markup, or there is in fact a unique Tesla tire that I can't find elsewhere. From what I can tell, mine do not have the acoustic foam.
I had utility knife blade in my protector, the whole blade, cutting edge in, all the way in. I paid $300 and some cents total at my service center

This was couple of weeks ago

They both have the 45K treadwear guarantee. I only got 27K out of my MXM4's. We'll see how long the A/S 3+'s last. Have 6K on them now.

They're both round and facilitate my car moving. That's all that matters to me :) So far, I like the handling better

Noise - same
Handling - A/S better
Energy - A/S 5-10 Wh/mi worse

That's good to hear. I love the feel and the handling of Primacy MXM4, so is A/S 3+ is even better, than it must be really superb. And my main concern would be noise and ride quality but if you say that the noise is the same, I would consider them next time. The old Pilot A/S 2 I had on my 550i did not impress me too much.