Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2000.00 AP upgrade

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there a reason that some people have the option to buy AP for 2000 right now in their account and some of us don't? I though Elon said all owners that currently don't have it can buy it for 2000.

First off, Elon did not say all owners who don't have it currently can buy it for 2k. The discounted price only applies to those who purchased prior to the price drop when 35k model was put up.

Now with that said I don't know why it would be showing for some but not others. I know there's been reports of some people seeing Free lifetime supercharging randomly showing up in their account, then randomly dissapearing- among other things. My guess is that there may be some database glitches of sorts that is causing wonkiness and inconsistency among accounts. As far as we know, all eligible owners should see the new price show up in a few days as their system updates.

First off, Elon did not say all owners who don't have it currently can buy it for 2k. The discounted price only applies to those who purchased prior to the price drop when 35k model was put up.

Now with that said I don't know why it would be showing for some but not others. I know there's been reports of some people seeing Free lifetime supercharging randomly showing up in their account, then randomly dissapearing- among other things. My guess is that there may be some database glitches of sorts that is causing wonkiness and inconsistency among accounts. As far as we know, all eligible owners should see the new price show up in a few days as their system updates.

I purchased Dec 22 2018, so I should be eligible