Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2000 miles only.. Is my battery ok?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You’re joking, right?

I used to spend a lot of time in the Volt forums, and every fall we’d get dozens of panicked people asking what was wrong with their car that has suddenly lost twenty percent or more of the range.

Going to a GoM, even a relatively good GoM, is not a path towards fewer questions about range loss.
I wish they'd just give us a usable kWh display, since that's essentially all the rated range display is. Tell us what nominal new usable kWh is, the normal acceptable degradation rate, rated efficiency, cell balance and clearly state under what conditions the battery balances.

Not everyone needs all that info or would even understand it, but there's too much guesswork right now. There are plenty of Model 3s with defective batteries, there's several service bulletins out there for missing fusible links in the battery. How are those owners supposed to know they should be having the pack replaced when the standard response they get on forums and social media is "normal, switch to percent displayed" and Tesla just says "everything's normal".

For instance, SBs like this. https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2019/MC-10154513-9999.pdf