Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2008 Roadster

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm considering selling my shiny black Roadster - here's a few things about it.. (Roadster experts will know some of the tech details)

First it is not a garage queen, the miles are higher (84k at the moment) and it was being used as a daily driver until the Model 3 showed up. If that scares you, thanks for reading this far ;)

- The model is a base but it has the sport seat upgrades.

- It has upgraded brake rotors; there are a few threads in roadster forum, here's one Now Shipping: Custom Tesla Roadster 2-Piece Slotted Rotors

- The current rims are the newer 2.* style with new tires and TPMS (from last end-of-summer) and I have the original rims as well - no tires/no TMPS. Being a pre-2.0 model, the TPMS have been reliable only needing replacement due to age (there's a battery in there for those that don't know). (Also being an earlier model, there is no separate 12v battery to worry about either; stuff I didn't know but learned in the Roadster forum which has lots of info for potential owners BTW and some great members)

- I have the black hardtop but I've never used it; it's hanging from our garage ceiling. The soft top is on the car now.

- When I'm not charging at work with the CAN (J1772 to Roadster) it charges at home with a Tesla HPC with the other CAN that converts Tesla -> Roadster. In theory, some destination chargers therefore work for the Roadster but sorry, no superchargers. The CAN - Roadster to J1772 or Model S/X connector

- I have some spare parts; when I got replacement keys, the receiver was in the package but the one in the car is fine.

- The JVC head unit supports a somewhat low-res but useful backup camera

- The front bumper was never drilled; the tag is tucked up in the front - notice the weird blurry thing right lower corner of the grill below

- The driver floor mat is a little worn; the other wears a plastic cover I never removed since I got the car.

- The front marker/parking lights are LED; I run with the lights on (minus headlights) during the day and wanted all continuous use lights to be LED

- It has the 3.0 battery upgrade and a seriously rebuilt PEM from last fall (details if interested via PM); Tesla has confirmed that the new private-party owner would get those warranties transferred.

- I am the second owner; the prior was a Tesla employee evidently in the LA area.

Some pics; the car was detailed yesterday

IMG_7876.JPG
IMG_7877.JPG
IMG_7878.JPG
IMG_7879.JPG
IMG_7880.JPG

I got a little bit of feedback from the Roadster forum so I'm thinking $65k is a fair ask. Please, if you don't agree or have reasons why I'm wrong, just keep to yourself or PM me. No offense but I've seen for-sale posts go off the deep end quick...

As I said, it's not a garage queen so all the paint isn't perfect but it's been well cared for, has a bunch of extra stuff and drives great. I wish I had a bigger garage to keep all the cars so something will probably go in the near future..

Thanks for reading, more pics on request

Wow. Sorry, Msjulie, I can’t keep this to myself. Methinks this is about $10-$15K underpriced.

However, I also understand. I’ve been contemplating selling my Roadster, too.

You’ll always be a valued part of the Original Roadster community.

GLWS.

Reactions: Msjulie
Wow. Sorry, Msjulie, I can’t keep this to myself. Methinks this is about $10-$15K underpriced.

However, I also understand. I’ve been contemplating selling my Roadster, too.

You’ll always be a valued part of the Original Roadster community.

GLWS.
I agree I hope a clean 1.5 with the 3.0 upgrade would sell for north of $70K. But we have very few sales to guide against.

Re PM requests

The car has the standard headlights not HID though they were polished and refurb'ed by a local shop in San Jose (recommended for any other Roadster owner with peeling headlights)

I'll get some interior pics of the car today, soft top on & off

I'll try to get a pic of the hard top this weekend as well - it's still hanging safely above the cars in the garage ;)

Reactions: dhrivnak
More pics, only 1 original rim. You'll see they are cleaned up - original owner had trouble with locking lugs and it scratched up the rims. I have those lugs in a box and don't use them..

Sorry pics are in a somewhat random order.

Attachments

• IMG_7888.JPG
    IMG_7888.JPG
    355.9 KB · Views: 262
  • IMG_7889.JPG
    IMG_7889.JPG
    362.1 KB · Views: 259
  • IMG_7890.JPG
    IMG_7890.JPG
    324.1 KB · Views: 258
  • IMG_7891.JPG
    IMG_7891.JPG