Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2013 Model S 85kw $29k

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone,

I'm listing my CPO purchased 2013 Model S 85kW. It has been well taken care of and has been a great family and commuter car for my wife and I. We are upgrading to a Model X soon and need to sell this vehicle. It's in good condition and has been serviced by Tesla. The motor was replaced prior to my CPO purchase and has not given any issues since. The large frunk is something we will miss dearly since it usually fits our mid-size stroller.

Black Model S 85kw
-90,010 miles with CPO bumper to bumper warranty till 99,400 miles
-Drivetrain and battery warranty until 2021
-Upgraded LTE modem
-Beige leather with extended napa leather on door sills
-Ambient interior lighting
-High fidelity sound
-Active air suspension
-21" turbines
-OEM carbon fiber spoiler

Asking $29k
Located in Walnut, Ca

View media item 119677View media item 119676View media item 119681View media item 119678View media item 119673View media item 119672View media item 119680View media item 119675View media item 119679View media item 119674

is it negotiable? and why was the motor replaced? by Tesla? when did u buy as CPO from tesla

I can't speak for the seller, but asking why the drive unit was replaced is silly. The harsh reality is that I'd imagine that at LEAST 75% of all Model S's on the road today have had their DU replaced. The only REAL question is whether this will be the LAST time the motor needs replacing and what happens once it exceeds warranty.

Nice vehicle, though. I'm still a year out from buying, but I'd certainly consider it otherwise.

• Helpful
Reactions: IdaX
is it negotiable? and why was the motor replaced? by Tesla? when did u buy as CPO from tesla
I have two pretty good offers that are pending test drives. My fall back is Carvana which has given me a reasonable avenue for a quick sale also. PM me an offer.

I bought it as a CPO from Tesla in 05/16. I was told the drive unit replacement was done as part of the CPO refurbishment process due to a whining noise. I haven’t had any issues with it at all. It’s actually quieter than my model 3.

I can't speak for the seller, but asking why the drive unit was replaced is silly. The harsh reality is that I'd imagine that at LEAST 75% of all Model S's on the road today have had their DU replaced. The only REAL question is whether this will be the LAST time the motor needs replacing and what happens once it exceeds warranty.

Nice vehicle, though. I'm still a year out from buying, but I'd certainly consider it otherwise.

Right now the drive unit replacements are going for $7K and those 8 year warranties are expiring soon! There are a few early 60kwh models that only had warranty up to 120K and found out the hard way no warranty left on powertrain or battery.
Real question is how much is Tesla going to gouge you for a battery once yours fails outside of warranty (new around $17K-$22k depending on size). Hope they offer re-manufactured or refurbished ones for much less!