Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 problem after problem

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just need to vent really, because I love my Model 3 and this sucks.
I have a 2019 M3 I bought 2nd hand, have owned it for just over two years. Bought with 38000kms on it, it's only just up to 60,000kms now.
In that time, Arcee has been in for repair 7 times, 6 of those under warranty.
The issues:
- 1 month into ownership: faulty coolant valve
- 5 months: replaced squeaky front left suspension
- 8 months: driver's headrest replaced after leather decaying
- 14 months: replaced squeaky front right suspension
- 21 months: replaced steering wheel due to peeling leather
- 22 months: rear camera feed faulty, replaced rear camera and cable
And now the latest at 26 months in and now out of warranty: aircon compressor faulty. $1300 to replace, waiting on the part which is about 2 weeks away, and I'm stuck in the tropics, 30+ degrees Celsius or more with no aircon. Can't get a loan car either because it's out of warranty.
While most of those faults weren't a serious issue and covered under warranty, this is the most issues by far that I've had with any young car.
I'm praying the aircon is the last of it. Because I really do love this car, but if something else significant breaks down in the next 12 months, I'm getting a Polestar.

Sorry to hear about your experience, at least most of that was under warranty. TBH I wouldn't buy a used Tesla older than ~2022, it took them a good long while to get their production process sorted out and many parts went through multiple revisions as they discovered durability issues and rolled out updated versions to fix them. Hopefully you'll have better luck with it going forward!

Reactions: D Laws