Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2013 Model S P85 kWh - SOLD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not that this makes any difference at this point, but my former Model S had the Smart Air Suspension ($2250) and Premium lighting ($1000) so today it would cost $76,820 after tax credit....

Cheers

Curious, did you have the tech package? I thought the premium lighting came with tech package but another post upthread said you didn't have tech. Perhaps my memory fails me.

Some other characteristics I believe your old car has -
- springy things in the cup holders
- no battery size badge
(someone already mentioned the chrome inserts which I like)

@trshah - Yes, it is sold

@Kipernicus - No it didn't have the tech package. However, early non-tech Model S came with premium lighting and LED DRL standard. Also, you could order active air with the tech package as well.

Here's my new baby....

2013-10-02 17.08.30.jpg

Curious, did you have the tech package? I thought the premium lighting came with tech package but another post upthread said you didn't have tech. Perhaps my memory fails me.

Some other characteristics I believe your old car has -
- springy things in the cup holders
- no battery size badge
(someone already mentioned the chrome inserts which I like)

Chrome inserts? What chrome inserts?

@bareyb - Yeah, I wanted a quick deal and that's exactly what I got.... Honestly, I still get at least 3 emails queries per day so in retrospect, I probably could have squeezed out another grand or two but I'm happy with the deal overall - local purchaser, same credit union, gave me asking price - seamless and painless. Best of all, I still see my, err his car all the time!

@yobigd20 - I had no idea about chrome inserts, thanks...

@gaswalla - unlike most people upgrading, I didn't do it just for the performance. I was more than happy with my regular S85 but I had real regret not getting more options. For example, my wife ( I didn't realize this beforehand) really wanted the pano roof and I fell in love with the dolphin grey after seeing it in person. Also, although I could easily use my phone's navigation and bluetooth it thru the car as a passable solution, it became obvious Tesla will be building functionality into their native NAV system I would never have access to - supercharger locations and the ability to navigate seamlessly comes to mind..
. So with that, after I decided to upgrade, I went full-in, performance and just about every option. For those unaware, if you can find a older (+- 6 months) loaner you can get a fantastic deal. My new car is actually a month older than the one I sold but had less miles. With the discounts, I saved thousands (not an exaggeration).

As far as selling a Model S is concerned, the number one question by far was "does it have the tech package?" Potential buyers were willing to overlook just about every option except tech. However, I believe my car was such a good deal that in the end, it didn't matter.

Performance vs Non-Performance – so much has already been written about the difference, I won’t bother repeating what’s already out there. However, I will say this: My S85 was one Bad Boy but my P95 is a Serial Killer!
Lastly, ride-wise the 21s handle better but the 19s are more compliant and have a slightly better ride. The P85 also consumes slightly more electrons everything else being equal.
Bottom line – Every Model S is absolutely awesome and I can’t see every driving anything else.

Cheers

Beside my new grey P85, I recently acquired a 2013 Black P85 kWh Model S I am willing to sell. It is in outstanding condition, no accidents or damage.

Model S Performance 85 kWh Battery
Black Solid Paint
Body Color Roof
21" Grey Wheels
Black Performance Interior
Carbon Fiber Décor
Carbon Fiber Spoiler
Supercharger Enabled
Smart Suspension
Yacht Floor

If purchased new, this car would cost slightly over 100K after the Federal tax credit (please verify independently). I am selling it for much, much less (low 80s OBO). PM me if interested and for pics. Any and all feedback appreciated.