TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

2014 P85 with AP -- 28k miles

Discussion in 'Tesla for Sale' started by Planned_Apathy, Dec 21, 2016.

1. Planned_Apathy

$70k or best offer. See below for list of features and few issues. Picture is from delivery day, but I'll take and send current pictures for anyone seriously interested. Please respond only if you're seriously interested. Having said that, I'm in no great hurry to sell, so I don't mind if you're buying in January or February.

2014 Tesla with AP 28k miles.jpg

Features:

Description Price (USD)
    Model S Not including the $7,500 Federal Tax Credit: $69,900
    Parcel Shelf Included
    85 kWh Performance Model S $23,500
    Supercharger Enabled Included
    Carbon Fiber Spoiler Included
    Tesla Red Brake Calipers Included
    All Glass Panoramic Roof $2,500
    21" Grey Turbine Wheels $4,500
    Black Performance Leather Seats $2,500
    Carbon Fiber Décor $800
    Black Alcantara Headliner Included
    Tech Package $3,750
    Smart Air Suspension $2,250
    Parking Sensors $500
    Fog Lamps $500
    Ultra High Fidelity Sound $2,500
    Premium Interior Lighting $1,000
    Grey Metallic Paint $750
    Subtotal $114,950
    Destination and regulatory documentation fee $1,170
    Total $116,120

Issues:

Probably needs new tires soon
    A little bit of tree sap on the front passenger door (which I think will easily buff out)
    Tail lights collect some condensation (which I think Tesla will fix under warrant, but I've never cared)
    Otherwise, everything is perfect.

Selling reason:

P100D upgrade.

• Like x 1
  2. Btran

Btran New Member

Would be interested at $60k, I'm back in the bay area in the first half of Jan, feel free to text me if interested in working something out nine.4.nine.413.eight.3.7.8. Sold my 85 (non performance) very similar build last february after moving to the bay and not needing a car for 65k, ended up getting a job outside of the bay area so I need a car again!

3. thecloud

thecloud As rhythm raced inside, the ship came alive

A P85 with Autopilot is relatively rare; supposedly only 375 were built. From that picture, I'm guessing your pickup date was probably the same weekend as mine in late September, 2014. (I recognize the ice cream truck parked at the end of the tent.)

4. bakoplan

bakoplan Supporting Member

Th
    I was about to pull the trigger on other car but it's on other side of country (I'm in LA). Please email me directly at [email protected]. Thanks!

5. bakoplan

My apologies for the redundancy in posting. I clearly need a lesson.

I was about to pull the trigger on other Tesla but it's on other side of country (I'm in LA). Please email me directly at [email protected].

Thanks!

6. Planned_Apathy

Btran, thanks for your message. Kind of a funny story. I wouldn't sell for $60k, but feel free to check back in as time passes. Maybe one or both of us will move later on. Good luck with your search in any case, and congratulations on your new job.

7. Planned_Apathy

theclound, thanks for responding. Very interesting -- I had no idea that my car is that rare. You're exactly right about the timing -- September 30, 2014 was my delivery date. And many people there that day picked up cars without auto-pilot, and some of us were lucky enough to (unexpectedly) receive auto-pilot. I felt very lucky that day.

And who knows -- maybe we ran into each other and chatted that day.

8. Btran

Btran New Member

Will do, I'll bookmark the thread and check back late Jan, going back and fourth so much on wanting autopilot 2 hardware as well... gl selling, you have great taste seeing as how you specced out your car almost identical to mine! =D

• Like x 1
  9. bakoplan

Planned_Apathy, would there be an opportunity for brief conversation (email, text, call). I really was about to offer on Tesla on east coast but you and I are on left coast which saves me $2k in shipping. I'd rather dedicate it to a car with lower miles. If you'd like to send a text I'm at 818 Nine Zero Three 2790. My email is in above message.

Thank you, --Ben

10. thecloud

thecloud As rhythm raced inside, the ship came alive

Picked mine up on the 28th so didn't run into you. But how is this for a weird coincidence? My car was in the exact same space. Here's a photo I took at delivery. Look at the rectangular flap hanging down from the tent canopy, just up and to the right of where the car is parked. Maybe this was their unofficial "grey P85 with autopilot" parking spot or something.

[​IMG]

And yes, I remember it being pretty exciting to discover the AP hardware had been installed. Much like folks picking up their AP 2.0 cars at the moment, the AP 1.0 hardware wasn't activated at the time of delivery, and it would take a while for its functionality to be enabled in software updates.

Sorry to hijack your For Sale thread! Best of luck with the sale and your future P100D. You may miss the P85's much larger frunk capacity and its relatively quiet RWD performance motor, though! ;)

11. Planned_Apathy

Hi, Ben. No problem -- happy to talk. It's probably too late for me to text or call you now. I'll try to call you on Friday, but please private message me here on Friday if you've not heard from me by early afternoon on Friday. Thanks.

12. Planned_Apathy

cloud -- you've highjacked the thread in the best possible way by brining back some good memories and a great coincidence. Really appreciate hearing it. I was actually supposed to pick my car up on September 28, but business obligations forced me to postpone until September 30. Your car looks great -- and I love that it was parked in the same space as mine a couple of days earlier. We at least met in the space part of the space-time continuum.

13. Planned_Apathy

More pictures: IMG_8560.JPG IMG_8558.JPG IMG_8532.JPG IMG_8530.JPG IMG_8529.JPG IMG_4542.JPG IMG_4506.JPG

14. mnm1945

mnm1945 Member

Can you send me some photos of the interior to include the drivers seat bolster, etc. thanks mark
    [email protected]

15. bakoplan

PA, I sent you pm but still uncertain as to what gets through. Hope you had great holiday! Pls text or call when you have a moment. Cell 818 Nine Zero Three 2790. Thx, --Ben

16. Planned_Apathy

I didn't sell this car because I became persuaded that AP2 would take a long time to catch up with AP1, but I'm selling it now. Same condition as before, but now has 34k miles and price is now $65k or best offer. I don't have time for a lot of test drives, so please contact me only if you're ready to buy. Thanks.

17. Planned_Apathy

Condition update:

New tires a few months ago.

Tail light condensation repaired with new seals.

18. JennySarah

JennySarah New Member

Hello there:) Are you located in Bay Area? I may have overlooked your location:)

19. George S. Bower

I'm in Az.
    Do I have to pay Ca sales tax to purchase this vehicle?
    does it have a lien on the title?
    Has the drive unit been replaced?

20. SammyJr.

SammyJr. Member

Isn't the performance of the 75D si.ilar to the non D, P85 cars?