Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2014 P85 with AP -- 28k miles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
$70k or best offer. See below for list of features and few issues. Picture is from delivery day, but I'll take and send current pictures for anyone seriously interested. Please respond only if you're seriously interested. Having said that, I'm in no great hurry to sell, so I don't mind if you're buying in January or February.

2014 Tesla with AP 28k miles.jpg

Features:

Description Price (USD)
Model S Not including the $7,500 Federal Tax Credit: $69,900
Parcel Shelf Included
85 kWh Performance Model S $23,500
Supercharger Enabled Included
Carbon Fiber Spoiler Included
Tesla Red Brake Calipers Included
All Glass Panoramic Roof $2,500
21" Grey Turbine Wheels $4,500
Black Performance Leather Seats $2,500
Carbon Fiber Décor $800
Black Alcantara Headliner Included
Tech Package $3,750
Smart Air Suspension $2,250
Parking Sensors $500
Fog Lamps $500
Ultra High Fidelity Sound $2,500
Premium Interior Lighting $1,000
Grey Metallic Paint $750
Subtotal $114,950
Destination and regulatory documentation fee $1,170
Total $116,120

Issues:

Probably needs new tires soon
A little bit of tree sap on the front passenger door (which I think will easily buff out)
Tail lights collect some condensation (which I think Tesla will fix under warrant, but I've never cared)
Otherwise, everything is perfect.

Selling reason:

P100D upgrade.

Would be interested at $60k, I'm back in the bay area in the first half of Jan, feel free to text me if interested in working something out nine.4.nine.413.eight.3.7.8. Sold my 85 (non performance) very similar build last february after moving to the bay and not needing a car for 65k, ended up getting a job outside of the bay area so I need a car again!

$70k or best offer. See below for list of features and few issues. Picture is from delivery day, but I'll take and send current pictures for anyone seriously interested. Please respond only if you're seriously interested. Having said that, I'm in no great hurry to sell, so I don't mind if you're buying in January or February.

View attachment 207074

Features:

Description Price (USD)
Parcel Shelf Included
Carbon Fiber Décor $800
Tech Package $3,750
Parking Sensors $500
Fog Lamps $500
Grey Metallic Paint $750
Subtotal $114,950
Total $116,120

Issues:

A little bit of tree sap on the front passenger door (which I think will easily buff out)
Tail lights collect some condensation (which I think Tesla will fix under warrant, but I've never cared)

Selling reason:

P100D upgrade.

Th

View attachment 207074

Features:

Description Price (USD)
Parcel Shelf Included
Carbon Fiber Décor $800
Tech Package $3,750
Parking Sensors $500
Fog Lamps $500
Grey Metallic Paint $750
Subtotal $114,950
Total $116,120

Issues:

Selling reason:

P100D upgrade.
I was about to pull the trigger on other car but it's on other side of country (I'm in LA). Please email me directly at [email protected]. Thanks!

Would be interested at $60k, I'm back in the bay area in the first half of Jan, feel free to text me if interested in working something out nine.4.nine.413.eight.3.7.8. Sold my 85 (non performance) very similar build last february after moving to the bay and not needing a car for 65k, ended up getting a job outside of the bay area so I need a car again!

Btran, thanks for your message. Kind of a funny story. I wouldn't sell for $60k, but feel free to check back in as time passes. Maybe one or both of us will move later on. Good luck with your search in any case, and congratulations on your new job.

A P85 with Autopilot is relatively rare; supposedly only 375 were built. From that picture, I'm guessing your pickup date was probably the same weekend as mine in late September, 2014. (I recognize the ice cream truck parked at the end of the tent.)

theclound, thanks for responding. Very interesting -- I had no idea that my car is that rare. You're exactly right about the timing -- September 30, 2014 was my delivery date. And many people there that day picked up cars without auto-pilot, and some of us were lucky enough to (unexpectedly) receive auto-pilot. I felt very lucky that day.

And who knows -- maybe we ran into each other and chatted that day.

Btran, thanks for your message. Kind of a funny story. I wouldn't sell for $60k, but feel free to check back in as time passes. Maybe one or both of us will move later on. Good luck with your search in any case, and congratulations on your new job.

Will do, I'll bookmark the thread and check back late Jan, going back and fourth so much on wanting autopilot 2 hardware as well... gl selling, you have great taste seeing as how you specced out your car almost identical to mine! =D

Reactions: Planned_Apathy
Planned_Apathy, would there be an opportunity for brief conversation (email, text, call). I really was about to offer on Tesla on east coast but you and I are on left coast which saves me $2k in shipping. I'd rather dedicate it to a car with lower miles. If you'd like to send a text I'm at 818 Nine Zero Three 2790. My email is in above message.

Thank you, --Ben

theclound, thanks for responding. Very interesting -- I had no idea that my car is that rare. You're exactly right about the timing -- September 30, 2014 was my delivery date. And many people there that day picked up cars without auto-pilot, and some of us were lucky enough to (unexpectedly) receive auto-pilot. I felt very lucky that day.

And who knows -- maybe we ran into each other and chatted that day.
Picked mine up on the 28th so didn't run into you. But how is this for a weird coincidence? My car was in the exact same space. Here's a photo I took at delivery. Look at the rectangular flap hanging down from the tent canopy, just up and to the right of where the car is parked. Maybe this was their unofficial "grey P85 with autopilot" parking spot or something.

cDfqzDK.jpg

And yes, I remember it being pretty exciting to discover the AP hardware had been installed. Much like folks picking up their AP 2.0 cars at the moment, the AP 1.0 hardware wasn't activated at the time of delivery, and it would take a while for its functionality to be enabled in software updates.

Sorry to hijack your For Sale thread! Best of luck with the sale and your future P100D. You may miss the P85's much larger frunk capacity and its relatively quiet RWD performance motor, though! ;)

Planned_Apathy, would there be an opportunity for brief conversation (email, text, call). I really was about to offer on Tesla on east coast but you and I are on left coast which saves me $2k in shipping. I'd rather dedicate it to a car with lower miles. If you'd like to send a text I'm at 818 Nine Zero Three 2790. My email is in above message.

Thank you, --Ben

Hi, Ben. No problem -- happy to talk. It's probably too late for me to text or call you now. I'll try to call you on Friday, but please private message me here on Friday if you've not heard from me by early afternoon on Friday. Thanks.

Picked mine up on the 28th so didn't run into you. But how is this for a weird coincidence? My car was in the exact same space. Here's a photo I took at delivery. Look at the rectangular flap hanging down from the tent canopy, just up and to the right of where the car is parked. Maybe this was their unofficial "grey P85 with autopilot" parking spot or something.

cDfqzDK.jpg

And yes, I remember it being pretty exciting to discover the AP hardware had been installed. Much like folks picking up their AP 2.0 cars at the moment, the AP 1.0 hardware wasn't activated at the time of delivery, and it would take a while for its functionality to be enabled in software updates.

Sorry to hijack your For Sale thread! Best of luck with the sale and your future P100D. You may miss the P85's much larger frunk capacity and its relatively quiet RWD performance motor, though! ;)

cloud -- you've highjacked the thread in the best possible way by brining back some good memories and a great coincidence. Really appreciate hearing it. I was actually supposed to pick my car up on September 28, but business obligations forced me to postpone until September 30. Your car looks great -- and I love that it was parked in the same space as mine a couple of days earlier. We at least met in the space part of the space-time continuum.

I didn't sell this car because I became persuaded that AP2 would take a long time to catch up with AP1, but I'm selling it now. Same condition as before, but now has 34k miles and price is now $65k or best offer. I don't have time for a lot of test drives, so please contact me only if you're ready to buy. Thanks.

Condition update:

New tires a few months ago.

Tail light condensation repaired with new seals.
I didn't sell this car because I became persuaded that AP2 would take a long time to catch up with AP1, but I'm selling it now. Same condition as before, but now has 34k miles and price is now $65k or best offer. I don't have time for a lot of test drives, so please contact me only if you're ready to buy. Thanks.
Hello there:) Are you located in Bay Area? I may have overlooked your location:)