Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2014 Tesla S 85 “gracefulPowerOff” alert. Please Help!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla Mechanics or Tesla Owners, I need your HELP!
I have a 2014 Tesla S 85. I have had it for 6 years now. I absolutely LOVE this car!
A few weeks ago, I was driving on the highway and a rock/debris was on the road and bounced back into my front bumper. The rock went through the bumper and punctured the bottom right side of the radiator. Damaged the grill, but most of the damage was done to my radiator. I had to replace the radiator. (I can explain more if you needed)
After I replaced the radiator, the car did drive completely fine for about a day or two.
After a few days of replacing the radiator, while I’m driving my car, the alert “Pull over safely. Car shutting off” pops up on dashboard. I pull over safely, then power my car off. After sitting with the car off for 5 mins, I’m able to power back up the car then drive off normal. The car drives and rides great for about 3 to 5 minutes. The alert “Pull over safely. Car shutting off” comes back. I have to pull over again. This was happening every time I drove my car. I can drive for about 5 minutes before the alert was coming on. After speaking with a Tesla mechanic, he suggested that I replaced my 12v battery. He was certain that that was causing the issue. I purchased the 12v battery from Tesla, installed the new battery. The car is still doing the exact same thing. The alert “Pull over safely. Car shutting off” comes back. I sit for 5 mins, then drive off as normal till the alert comes back. So frustrating…

My next service appointment with Tesla is on August 14th 2023.
I’m hoping to get some insight, or what should I expect when Tesla re-diagnose my car again.

Has anyone had this problem? Do you know anyone who can help me? I will like to speak with you/then more about this.
Please and Thank you.

Notes:
*My 5 active Service Alert Codes are:
THC_w0126_condRightShutrNoFeedbk
THC_w1034_radrightShutrNoFeedbk
THC_d0018_activeAero
THC_d0015_coolant
THC_d0006_pumpBat2

I have also have these codes;
“THC_w0176_MCUCanTmo”
“Di_w127_gracefulPowerOff”
“EPAS_d078_KFC_DAS_TIMO”
“GTE_w358_unlockRequiredForStart”

I also have notice noise now coming from the coolant pumps and fans. The blower seems to be constantly blowing now.
I have pictures and videos if you need.

Thank you for your time.

First 3 errors seem to be ghost ones that every S has n probably no concern
Last 2 could be bad pump or fuse for it causing DU flow issues n shutdown

Maybe this could help:

Upvote 0
When the fans are blowing loudly you can check the louvers under the headlights. They should be open. Air might be stuck in the cooling system, is the coolant level
Did you use the service manual guide for refilling the system?
Yes, I did use the service guide to refill. I’ll double check and see if I missed any steps. Thank you

Upvote 0
First 3 errors seem to be ghost ones that every S has n probably no concern
Last 2 could be bad pump or fuse for it causing DU flow issues n shutdown

Maybe this could help:
Ok. Sounds good. Thank you

Upvote 0