Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does FSD Affect Alerts in the car?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My wife does not love the Tesla like I do. One thing she has consistently complained about is that the car beeps at her (something that I have not noticed when I drive). She had an issue this morning with her Phone Key so I reset that today (another thing she seems to have issues with) and did a test drive using her phone and driver profile. I noticed that the car did beep more at me (i.e. lane departure warnings). I have never seen these warnings when driving under my profile. I also noticed in her profile that FSD is turned off and TACC is the only thing active. It hit me that maybe this is the reason why she's getting beeped at more than I do? Does FSD being turned off contribute to the car not "seeing" things as well as with it turns on (contributing to more alerts)? Any Tesla vets know if this is the case?

Regardless, I'm going to give it a couple of days to ensure that her phone key is working properly. Once I know that issue is resolved, I'm going to turn FSD on in her profile and see if it helps with the alerts that she gets. Thanks in advance for any knowledge and guidance on this.

Last edited:
Hi EVRider, thanks, I forgot to mention that I have already played around with those controls when I first got the car (this is not a new complaint from my wife) and I turned off a few of those in her profile. But today, while driving using her profile, I got a lane departure avoidance warning while driving around my neighborhood. I have never seen that warning before while driving using my profile and I checked her Autopilot settings after you replied and noticed her lane departure warning is off (image attached below). I have it turned on in my profile to Assist as well as the Emergency Lane Departure Avoidance, and have never encountered the alert that I saw while driving earlier today.

Anyway, this got me to thinking that maybe there is a visualization issue at play here. When I turn off AP/FSD (she only has TACC enabled on her profile currently), this neuters the Tesla "sight" somehow. Anyway, I'm going to try and test some more and see if this is indeed a correct theory but I have to space out what I turn on as I need to gauge the feedback I get from her on what's happening when she drives.

I will post as I get more info. Thanks for the reply.

IMG_9201.jpeg

Upvote 0
Sorry, it's been a while since I posted about this due to FSD v12 coming out and me becoming an impromptu beta tester when I can get my hands on the car. 👍 Anyway, the jury is still out on this BUT I will say this: ever since I turned on FSD for my wife's profile, her complaints on the alerting have gone down. So, FSD visualizations actually do help OR she's basically gave up telling me how many alerts are being generated. Still trying to figure that one out. 😆

Upvote 0