Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2015/2016 Model S 85D range confusion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have been looking for a used 2015/2016 build of model S 85D and someone from the community suggested that the 0-60 has been increased to 4.4sec with more range 270EPA(see the attached image). Here is the link of the article:
Model S | Tesla Motors

However, when I look at the used car listing, the 0-60 is listed as 5.4sec with EPA as 265. Which one is correct?

Attachments

• Model-S-85D.png
    Model-S-85D.png
    245.9 KB · Views: 257
I wouldn't worry about difference in EPA range either...to the best of my knowledge there weren't any significant changes to the battery pack or drive units over the S85D's production lifetime that would have affected the range. Not to scare you but the pack's maximum range likely (insert hand-waving here) degraded a few miles anyway since the pack was new, but it'd typically be a very small amount compared to the pack's overall capacity (insert more hand-waving here).

Bruce.

Is there a source where we can look up post-production upgrades / specs. I have a 2016 85D and had the same 0-60 spec question. Is it still 4.4s?

If you're looking for a single, authoritative Web page, I have never seen one. To the best of my knowledge there was only one change made to 0-60 time on the S85D (from 5.2s to 4.4s) and all cars got it in mid 2015. I was trying to find some written communication from Tesla about this, but I couldn't find it in a few seconds of looking through emails. You probably need to search through TMC or Google for it if you want something more than that.

Bruce.