Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2015 Model S P90DL ($144k MSRP) - 21k miles - $80k

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
wow that was a long debate... so did you get your original asking price?

Not quite, but as expected, I sold it within a gentle ball toss of Tesla’s trade in offer to a great owner who knew what he wanted.

Towards the end, I was getting really good offers from luxury/exotic car dealerships. I think they were particularly interested in the low mileage.

I went in hoping to get near Tesla’s trade in offer and it happened, so I am very pleased with how things turned out.

• Love
Reactions: P85_DA
Hehehe...why not replace with another Tesla? Model 3? At least then it's not a 6 figure car and your neighbors won't complain. I don't think I can part with mine either. It's been on many long road trips. Am looking to add a Model X to the family though.

I’m done with Tesla’s for a while haha.

Their firmware updates and changes to autopilot are not for me. And the company is moving in the wrong direction. Tesla has operated as a tech company, which means they operated at loss. Now that they are shifting towards making money, their business practices are worst than dealerships.

To list a few changes I’ve heard of:
- they don’t recondition cars for CPOs, or do a spotty job
- CPOs must be bought sight unseen, no test drives
- They don’t disclose body damage on CPO.
- They adjust CPO warranty post-purchase! (Added lines to exclude a bunch of common customer requests like rattling and alignment issues)

These don’t affect me because my car was not CPO. Problem is Tesla is realizing why dealerships have to do what they do to make ends meet. At least dealerships don’t reneg on CPO warranty, dealerships let you test drive cars, and dealerships provide the carfax free of charge even if it shows body work.

Other things:
- they now hand over the keys and have customers find their cars on the lot... even P100DL purchasers... that’s kinda outrageous.
- they are not ready for the scale up. Mobile service, service stores, and supercharger are not ready.
- firmware updates are cost-savings if anything (ultimately so we use less LTE, and it’ll cost them less to design one thing). Instrument cluster nav is super hard to use now. It zooms in and out as it pleases so I can’t get a sense of how far one pixel is on the road.

When you buy a car stickered at $150k, you’d expect more than being treated like sheep.

Anyways, sorry for the rant.

I’m done with Tesla’s for a while haha.

Their firmware updates and changes to autopilot are not for me. And the company is moving in the wrong direction. Tesla has operated as a tech company, which means they operated at loss. Now that they are shifting towards making money, their business practices are worst than dealerships.

To list a few changes I’ve heard of:
- they don’t recondition cars for CPOs, or do a spotty job
- CPOs must be bought sight unseen, no test drives
- They don’t disclose body damage on CPO.
- They adjust CPO warranty post-purchase! (Added lines to exclude a bunch of common customer requests like rattling and alignment issues)

These don’t affect me because my car was not CPO. Problem is Tesla is realizing why dealerships have to do what they do to make ends meet. At least dealerships don’t reneg on CPO warranty, dealerships let you test drive cars, and dealerships provide the carfax free of charge even if it shows body work.

Other things:
- they now hand over the keys and have customers find their cars on the lot... even P100DL purchasers... that’s kinda outrageous.
- they are not ready for the scale up. Mobile service, service stores, and supercharger are not ready.
- firmware updates are cost-savings if anything (ultimately so we use less LTE, and it’ll cost them less to design one thing). Instrument cluster nav is super hard to use now. It zooms in and out as it pleases so I can’t get a sense of how far one pixel is on the road.

When you buy a car stickered at $150k, you’d expect more than being treated like sheep.

Anyways, sorry for the rant.

I feel you, which is why I left Tesla...

Watch this space: www.currentautomotive.com

PS - congrats on the sale!

I did not realize there was such a huge problem with buying CPO from Tesla. Maybe it’s because the market is so huge in the USA as compared to Canada. Anyways, thanks for all the info. I will take it all into account if I do buy a CPO. Might be even better to buy a loaner next time I get my car serviced. They’ve always given me what I’ve asked for when I get my vehicle serviced.