Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2015 Model S P90DL ($144k MSRP) - 21k miles - $80k

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

I am looking to sell my Model S P90DL. Warranty end date is 12/15/2019.

It has ludicrous mode. MSRP when new: $144,500.

Asking: $80,000

Other silly features in this car:

- Auto Pilot
- Rear facing Seats
- Moon roof
- Carbon fiber decor/spoiler
- 21 inch wheels

With the other cars I have, I haven't had much time lately to drive this car, and figured I would rather sell it and let someone else enjoy it. Plus, my neighbors/HOA have expressed complaints with me parking six figure cars on the streets as it apparently attracts would-be burglars. (But rest assured, Tesla always gets a garaged spot because it needs to be plugged in.)

It is A LOT of fun, it is hard to drive any other car after touching that pedal on a ludicrous model.

I am located in Indiana.

Best,

Edwin

Attachments

• IMG_E5458.JPG
    IMG_E5458.JPG
    478.6 KB · Views: 195
  • IMG_E5459.JPG
    IMG_E5459.JPG
    373 KB · Views: 175
  • IMG_5445.JPG
    IMG_5445.JPG
    274.4 KB · Views: 163
  • IMG_5446.JPG
    IMG_5446.JPG
    370.6 KB · Views: 154
  • IMG_5448.JPG
    IMG_5448.JPG
    317.2 KB · Views: 168
  • IMG_5449.JPG
    IMG_5449.JPG
    396.5 KB · Views: 162
  • IMG_5412.JPG
    IMG_5412.JPG
    345.2 KB · Views: 160
  • IMG_5419.JPG
    IMG_5419.JPG
    227.6 KB · Views: 169
  • Window Sticker P90DL.jpeg
    Window Sticker P90DL.jpeg
    350.2 KB · Views: 171
Reactions: mcbarnet007
Tesla CPO just moved a bunch of them in the mid 70's.

Can you share these please? I don't see any that are P90D with ludicrous mode. They have one identical to mine for $91,100. Indeed, the VIN number of this one is within 200 of mine. It is missing the rear facing seats, which are present in mine. Tesla prices their CPO systematically, so if this close match is $91,100, I don't see how a same-speced MS P90D with ludicrous mode (~20k miles) will be in the mid 70s.

Tesla

Can you share these please? I don't see any that are P90D with ludicrous mode. They have one identical to mine for $91,100. Indeed, the VIN number of this one is within 200 of mine. It is missing the rear facing seats, which are present in mine. Tesla prices their CPO systematically, so if this close match is $91,100, I don't see how a same-speced MS P90D with ludicrous mode (~20k miles) will be in the mid 70s.

Tesla
Since you asked, I can help and yes EvilTwin is correct there has a been a number sold in the mid $70K's recently. 142578 a 2016 P90DL with 21K miles sold for $78.2K 4 days ago. This was a refresh model, fully loaded with a 4 yr CPO warranty. P90DL's with the older nose cone like yours have reached into the mid $60k's all with a new CPO warranty.

Tesla

There are none currrently listed under your price ..There have been some sold lower than your price however for someone in market now they won’t find lower ..that said a non refresh and non AP2.x is probably less desirable ..GLWS!

There's a site called ev-cpo.com. If you join or subscribe, there is a history page of all Teslas that have moved recently. I am not a member or subscriber and I have never used that portion of the database myself. Perhaps another member who has this access can help you.

There's a site called ev-cpo.com. If you join or subscribe, there is a history page of all Teslas that have moved recently. I am not a member or subscriber and I have never used that portion of the database myself. Perhaps another member who has this access can help you.

Since you asked, I limited the database to all P90DLs sold in 2018 (to eliminate data from earlier years that would skew the results)..

upload_2018-9-7_12-41-58.png

Here's a histogram of the 25 cars sold that match this criteria:

upload_2018-9-7_12-41-36.png

Last edited:

Tesla
https://www.teslainventory.com/?title_status=Title-CPO
SP90DL
Current Offerings:
teslainventory.png

SP90DL
Sold 2018:
SP90DL_SOLD-teslainventory.png

Last edited:

These are sold, they are found under Ketchup's sold in 2018.

My understanding is that they are off-lease vehicles. Perhaps after realizing how quickly they sold, Tesla decided to update the price of their remaining six P90DLs. Also note that NOT ALL feature ludicrous mode. I was able to click through the existing ones and the 091551, 137717, 096167 do not have ludicrous mode as their 0-60 times are rated above 3.1 seconds.

I can't really say for the P90D "sold in 2018", but if half of the ones here lack ludicrous mode... it says a lot about the list of cars there.

I have a "trade-in" offer from Tesla (which they claim to be a cash-offer if I sell it out right within 500 miles) and I think it would be silly for me to sell it private party for under $70k... if that's what you're insinuating. Based on what they list the closest matching to mine right now ($87,200 for their pearl white fully loaded P90D with 19,638 miles). They would make a handsome ~$10k even after detailing/restoring my trade-in.

Again, if we take 50% depreciation of options (heck, go to 35% depreciation if you'd like), and $0.50/mile depreciation, none of the cars listed here are proof of point. These are very modest estimates.

Rear seat is $3,000.
Ludicrous is $10,000 plus appeal.
Adds up.

If you keep showing me a P90D without ludicrous, I can easily show you P85D going for $20k+ cheaper ;)

Let's compare apples to apples.

And there you have it, your current asking price is a $7200 savings off a CPO.

Nearly 10% off for private party is pretty reasonable and I can certainly go lower. Transaction histories usually have private party values around 10-15% below CPO. I'm not firm on pricing so I don't see what's unreasonable here.

Plus: Extended service is +$4200 for 4 years, and extends from 12/15/2019. The two year (I think it is +$2100) would extend 2 years from 12/15/2019 (so a little over 3 years from today). Not to mention you wouldn't have to wait for Tesla's month long conditioning + transporting period for CPOs.

Just as a random example, I took a look at the transaction history for a 2015 BMW 3 series, 328i base.

CPO Avg: $21,329
Private Party Avg: $18,473
-13% from CPO.

Another example that's more comparable due to its limited availability and necessity of warranty, 2015 Maserati GranTurismo Sport Coupe 2D base.

CPO Avg: $69,758
Private Party Avg: $62,904
-9% from CPO

High value cars have big mark ups, but not in the 20% (and if they are, it's the list price. Only dummies buy at list price). I should not need to price my car 15-20% below Tesla's, because at that point, I could very easily trade it in to Tesla or Carmax. Indeed, if I were purchasing a new car, this would be a no-brainer due to the added 6.25% tax benefit if I use my trade-in towards a new car. Unfortunately, as I have mentioned... too many cars to drive, not enough time.

It's just some data to look at. People are just trying to help

There is no need to justify your sales price to anyone. In your mind you have your number and someone will either offer it or not.

Everybody (except the eventual purchaser, of course) hopes you get a great price for your sale!