Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2015 MS85D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking to get thoughts on value for an 85D I am thinking of selling as we look at considering an upgrade to a Model X.

47k Miles, Clean Title

If where I need it to be would have it available for sale in 30 days.

upload_2017-11-2_13-27-27.png

CPO models with AP start around 70K. if you can still get the warranty extended another 4 years with all your options I'd start at 74K . Of course you'll have someone come in here with some formula and elmo will offer you 55K today. But you sell for what you want, if it were me I'd ask 75 and go from there

• Funny
Reactions: JPUConn
Buying CPO is WAY different than personal sale.
But like you say. The market is the market. There are examples of listings sitting for a while and there are examples of cars that sell quickly. Depends on what OPs timeline/goal is.

Buying CPO is WAY different than personal sale.
But like you say. The market is the market. There are examples of listings sitting for a while and there are examples of cars that sell quickly. Depends on what OPs timeline/goal is.

Not much different if the warranty is in place. Sure you might have some scratches or used tires private sale but you usually avoid some or all of the sales tax. In Texas private sales are usually taxed below dealer sales when going on presumptive value.

What is a well taken care of private sale with extended warranty missing that a CPO has.

Its kind of silly some of his offers but I actually don’t think he would be as high as $55k on a 50,000 mile ‘15 S85 but wait and see.
47K miles, Dual motor and eligible for extended warranty it seems. I think twin chargers and sound are the only thing missing. You find a similarly equipped one for sale or bust out your formula and tell us how much it's really worth.

• Disagree
Reactions: Sunshine State
47K miles, Dual motor and eligible for extended warranty it seems. I think twin chargers and sound are the only thing missing. You find a similarly equipped one for sale or bust out your formula and tell us how much it's really worth.
It went right over your head, you don’t read this forum much????:rolleyes: I wasn’t refering to the car or OP;)

I read all of your posts telling people their cars aren't worth carp because of what you think and a formula.
I own three Tesla’s and an auto dealership. I’m very aware of correct pricing. I didn’t mention anything about the OPs car value other than what someone else joked about what a specific person would lowball him at. You need to wake up, fish and cars are two different things, still right over your head I guess:rolleyes:

Reactions: Buddyroe
i see the value issue in the fact that someone could get a brand new 75D and be around 75K after tax credits and get a far better far more advanced vehicle with a much longer warranty... even priced at 70K I feel most people would say " for 5K more I should get new" and the range difference between the 2 is negligible. not to mention that there are a ton more standard features on the new model and it is faster. This in my opinion has hurt the resale value for all of us older car owners. I heard someone tell me Tesla offered them 62 for their 85D with 19K in mileage... I thought they should take it if it is a state that applies the sales tax credit on the trade in... IMHO 60-64K is what I would guess on a lower mileage car BUT if someone bought your car for even 64K they would get 2-3 months of warranty... so buying a extended warranty is another 4K+ so now we are back at 68K which is too close to new car territory in my opinion. In fact I know someone who got a Q3 inventory car for 67.5K after tax credits... Final opinion 60-62K max.. before it stops making sense and don't be surprised if it is in the 50's

I also think that what you have to consider is not just what you paid for the car and how much value it still has.... BUT from the buyer perspective what is the most car I can get within my budget. IF you had 70K to spend would you buy your car over other options....

Just my opinion ... a little on the pessimistic side but take it for what it is worth

Reactions: b team
This is a really nicely optioned S and if priced reasonably / condition is good will go quick.

The only advantage this car has over a newer 75D is a few miles of range so pricing would just need to factor in that. Best of luck with the sale.