Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2015 p85d battery question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Normal. Welcome. Drive and enjoy!

Gas cars don’t get their rated mileage on short trips and WOT acceleration either. :)

I think that's generally true, but I've been getting 280 to 290 wh/mile (rated is 310) on my round trips to lowes on days where that's my only trip. Each way is 6.6 miles so a tad more than half of the OPs round trip commute to work?

You will not get rated range unless you’re driving 60 on a flat road with no climate control on.

And good luck recharging your 85 battery on road trips. With batterygate and chargegate you’re in for a looooong wait.

I can’t even believe Tesla is still selling used P85Ds to unsuspecting customers.

My lifetime wh/mile after 114K miles is 307. That's with over 3000 ludicrous launches (timer tripped about 12K miles ago at 2500) and 70 to 75 on the freeway everywhere including winter and summer.

In the summer, a my 130 mile commute too and from work is often in the 250 range if I'm careful and in the 290 range when I'm in a rush or deciding to have fun:

i-hHkTxmR-X2.jpg

In the winter it's much higher. Typical work commutes are in the 320 wh / mile range.

Last edited: