Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2015 S RWD won't go to drive without unplugging battery sensor

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Everyone, I'm facing a weird issue with the 2015 S RWD, which has 108k miles; the main battery was dead because the car was parked for a long time and had to replace the LV 12V battery (new from Tesla).
the HV battery charged until 99%, tried to put the car into D or R and I received the warnings
  • DI_u014 unable to drive
  • 12V battery is not sufficient GTW_w018hvacLoadShed
also, all the below codes and the car will die in a couple of hours and has to jump start it (every time the car dies, I have to recharge the LV battery separately).
The unexpected thing was when I unplugged the battery sensor, I could put the car in drive, but I received a warning message for GTW-w026 for sure because the sensor but the car was driveable, and it died in a couple of hours.
From my understanding, something is preventing the HV battery from charging the 12v LV battery.

FYI:
  • Heat and cooling and climate control work as they should be
  • The car has the DC-DC Converter - 2nd Generation

Is it a DC-DC issue? or HV battery pack issue? Do you have any recommendations on what it is?

PXL_20240203_201402877.jpg

1707017739139.png

Attachments

• 1707017733188.png
    1707017733188.png
    100.8 KB · Views: 17
  • 1707017756318.png
    1707017756318.png
    100.8 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Sounds like the DCDC has gone out. Might just be the fuses. Makes sense it would not knowingly allow the vehicle to drive if it knows the 12V is not supported because the vehicle would become suddenly undrivable when the 12V died. But if you disconnect the battery sensor it can't tell if the 12V is supported or not, so allows you to go into drive.

Hi Everyone, I'm facing a weird issue with the 2015 S RWD, which has 108k miles; the main battery was dead because the car was parked for a long time and had to replace the LV 12V battery (new from Tesla).
the HV battery charged until 99%, tried to put the car into D or R and I received the warnings
  • DI_u014 unable to drive
  • 12V battery is not sufficient GTW_w018hvacLoadShed
also, all the below codes and the car will die in a couple of hours and has to jump start it (every time the car dies, I have to recharge the LV battery separately).
The unexpected thing was when I unplugged the battery sensor, I could put the car in drive, but I received a warning message for GTW-w026 for sure because the sensor but the car was driveable, and it died in a couple of hours.
From my understanding, something is preventing the HV battery from charging the 12v LV battery.

FYI:
  • Heat and cooling and climate control work as they should be
  • The car has the DC-DC Converter - 2nd Generation

Is it a DC-DC issue? or HV battery pack issue? Do you have any recommendations on what it is?

View attachment 1015111

View attachment 1015114

I think I have the same issue, how did u unplug the battery sensor pleaseeeeee​