Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2016.5 Model S P100D FSD Question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2016.5 S P100D with FSD. And until last month or 2, it recognized all stop signs and stop lights and reacted appropriately. Recently it doesn't see the stop signs until just before I get to them, and then just flashes and hits the brakes and runs the stop sign. I have taken it to TSS and they said it's working fine, because they tested it on a low speed city street setting, but higher speeds (say 45 mph+) it is absolutely horrible. Does anyone have any idea what is going on? It still recognizes the stop lights from 600+ ft away and stops fine at those. Thanks for your help!

I have a 2016.5 S P100D with FSD. And until last month or 2, it recognized all stop signs and stop lights and reacted appropriately. Recently it doesn't see the stop signs until just before I get to them, and then just flashes and hits the brakes and runs the stop sign. I have taken it to TSS and they said it's working fine, because they tested it on a low speed city street setting, but higher speeds (say 45 mph+) it is absolutely horrible. Does anyone have any idea what is going on? It still recognizes the stop lights from 600+ ft away and stops fine at those. Thanks for your help!
Also I forgot to say it does have the upgraded FSD computer, if that matters.

Upvote 0
Owners have reported that FSD is not perfect with stop signs: Sometimes, it doesn't recognize it, and sometimes it does recognize it but runs through it.

I don't think there's something wrong with your car. It's just that FSD needs to be better. The top team member Andrej Karpathy quit recently, so that doesn't help either.
Why I thought it may be something wrong is that it worked flawlessly for a year or more and now it doesn't, hopefully you are correct:)

Upvote 0
It literally went from missing none to missing all 45mph+ over night.
The Service Center is ill-equipped to fix a software problem. They can verify your cameras as you can review your TeslaCam and your computer work, but whether it can stop at a stop sign or not, that's the responsibility of those who write you the source code in the firmware.

Last edited:
Upvote 0