Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2016 Facelift MS vs 2015 Nosecone

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm on the fence with 2 CPO MS. There is a 2015 Nosecone that has exterior and interior package with NexGen seats and PanoRoof. And a 2016 Facelift MS with multipattern Seats and BodyColor Roof. Is there anything that the 2016 came with thats standard compared to the 2015?

Ah ok thanks! From the wiki you gave me I read that The Premium Package is an optional package that is needed for fit and finish refinements such as leather seating, LED ambient interior lighting, Power Liftgate, Lighted Door Handles and LED Cornering Lights and the chrome accents in the area of the front cornering lights and the rear center air splitter

Ah ok thanks! From the wiki you gave me I read that The Premium Package is an optional package that is needed for fit and finish refinements such as leather seating, LED ambient interior lighting, Power Liftgate, Lighted Door Handles and LED Cornering Lights and the chrome accents in the area of the front cornering lights and the rear center air splitter

That’s not entirely true. Most things could be ordered a la carte. You really need to look at the option codes on the vehicles you are considering.

Options recorded for VIN: 5YJSA1E1XGF158869. This is the cheapest facelift available. There really isnt anything.

Accessories
FG00 Base Exterior Lighting
LP00 No Lighting Package
ME02 Memory Seats
PI00 No Premium Interior
PS01 Parcel Shelf
TP00 No Power and Lighting Package
X002 Override: Manual Liftgate
X008 X008
X021 No spoiler or passive spoiler
X037 Powerfolding Mirrors

AudioAU00 No Audio Package

AutopilotDA02 Autopilot Convenience Features

BatteryBTX5 75 kWh

BrakesBC0B Black Brake Calipers

ChargingCDM0 No CHAdeMO Charging Adaptor
Charging (Contd)CH05 48amp charger
FUSC Free Unlimited Supercharging
HP00 No Wall Connector
SC01 Free Supercharging

ColorPBCW White Solid

DecorIDBA Dark Ash Wood

DriveDV2W Rear Wheel Drive

FilterAF00 Standard Filter

FirmwareBR00 No firmware limit

Interior OptionsDSH5 PUR Dash Pad
FR03 FR03
IX00 No Extended Nappa Leather Trim
Interior Options (Contd)SR01 Standard 2nd row
TR00 No Third Row Seat
UTAB Black Alcantara Headliner
YFFC Integrated Center Console

Interior+SeatsQPBT Multi-Pattern Black

ModelDCF0 DCF0
DRLH Left Hand Drive
MDLS Model S
MI01 2016 production (1)

PerformanceBP00 No Ludicrous
PF00 No Performance Legacy Package
PX00 No Performance Plus Package
X025 No Performance Package

RegionRENA Region : North America

RoofRFBC Body Color Roof

SuspensionSU00 Standard Suspension

TechnologyPK00 LEGACY No Parking Sensors
SP00 No Security Package
X003 Maps & Navigation
X011 Override: Homelink
X014 Override: No Satellite Radio
X026 Override: No LEDs/Non-Tech Pkg
X031 Keyless Entry
X040 No DAB Radio
X044 Phone Dock Kit

TrimTM00 General Production Trim
X028 Battery Badge

WeatherCW00 No Cold Weather Package

Wheels+TiresWTAS 19-Slipstream

This is the 2015.
Now, It has premium interior lighting and such. Im so confused on what I want/need anymore lol
Accessories
FG02 Exterior Lighting Package
LP01 Premium Interior Lighting
ME02 Memory Seats
PA00 No Paint Armor
PI01 Premium Upgrades Package
PS01 Parcel Shelf
TP03 Power and Lighting Package
X001 Override: Power Liftgate
X007 Daytime running lights
X021 No spoiler or passive spoiler
X037 Powerfolding Mirrors

AudioAU00 No Audio Package

AutopilotDA02 Autopilot Convenience Features

BatteryBT85 85 kWh

BrakesBC0B Black Brake Calipers

ChargingCDM0 No CHAdeMO Charging Adaptor
Charging (Contd)CH00 Single Charger
FUSC Free Unlimited Supercharging
HP00 No Wall Connector
SC01 Free Supercharging

ColorPPSW Pearl White

DecorIDPB Piano Black

DriveDV2W Rear Wheel Drive

FilterAF00 Standard Filter

FirmwareBR00 No firmware limit

Interior OptionsDSH7 Black Alcantara Dashboard Accents
IX01 Extended Nappa Leather Trim
SR01 Standard 2nd row
Interior Options (Contd)TR00 No Third Row Seat
UTAB Black Alcantara Headliner
X027 Lighted Door Handles
YF01 Matching Yacht Floor

Interior+SeatsQNEB Black NextGen

ModelBS00 NOBULL00
DCF0 DCF0
DRLH Left Hand Drive
MDLS Model S
MI00 2015 production

PerformanceBP00 No Ludicrous
PF00 No Performance Legacy Package
PX00 No Performance Plus Package
X025 No Performance Package

RegionRENA Region : North America

RoofRFP2 All Glass Panoramic Roof v2

SuspensionSU00 Standard Suspension

TechnologyPK00 LEGACY No Parking Sensors
SP00 No Security Package
X003 Maps & Navigation
X011 Override: Homelink
X014 Override: No Satellite Radio
X031 Keyless Entry
X040 No DAB Radio

TrimTM00 General Production Trim
X028 Battery Badge

WeatherCW00 No Cold Weather Package

Wheels+TiresWT19 19-Base
WTX1 19-Michelin Primacy

The 2015 is a better equipped vehicle. I guess it depends on price and what is most important to you.

I wouldn’t consider resale on either as they are both RWD. You’re going to take a hit right there. Body color roof is also not a real selling point.

The body color roof is, IMO, not interesting versus having a panoramic roof. With a body color roof you don't have as much light coming in and you cannot install a roof rack, if that is important to you. Also, you can't open the roof with a body color roof (lol can't believe I just wrote that haha)

• Funny
Reactions: Chancellor32
these are both the same price. I dont need RWD as I leave in Southern California. I get what you guys are saying thought about resale. It's just hard to find a price. I'm leaning towards the 2015 as it does also have Pano Roof. Just the 2016 front end is so much better looking. I guess since I'm going to be inside mostly how it looks inside will be better. Does the Premium interior on the 2015 eventually become standard in 2016?

For a little less than $3,000, I converted my nose cone to the face lift version. Buy the 2015 and update the front end sometime in the future.

Brent
Front End - Turo.jpg

I had this same dilemma and ultimately chose to go with a pre-facelift car that was fully loaded with features. I figured I would just do the Unplugged front fascia and paint my rocker panels later on.

However, you should be aware that while the refresh kits are close, they will never look exactly like the factory facelift, mostly due to the hood being different and non-interchangeable.

At this point, the nosecone is starting to grow on me and I’m kind of over the front fascia refresh idea.

I had this same dilemma and ultimately chose to go with a pre-facelift car that was fully loaded with features. I figured I would just do the Unplugged front fascia and paint my rocker panels later on.

However, you should be aware that while the refresh kits are close, they will never look exactly like the factory facelift, mostly due to the hood being different and non-interchangeable.

At this point, the nosecone is starting to grow on me and I’m kind of over the front fascia refresh idea.
How do you like the fully loaded features? Are they overrated. I know its hard to judge your own car lol The refresh kits are closes to $5000 from what i'm reading. 3k for bumper and 1.5k for paint and install seems heavy

I don’t think they’re over rated. But they’re not required and I could live without them. It’s nice having the doors lock and unlock automatically but the lighting I don’t really care about at all. The power liftgate is nice to have and the Pano roof makes the inside feel really open. The two things I had to have were the UHFS system and Air Suspension (Doesn't look like either car has these). If you're not really into all the little creature comforts that most luxury cars have and you're buying a Tesla because you want an awesome EV to drive then you may not miss any of that stuff anyway.

It looks like the main things you'd be giving up for the facelift are Pano Roof, 10kWh, Power Liftgate, and some lighting. You'd be gaining a center console which I just had to purchase for my 2015 for $1200. I think I might go with the facelift car in your case.