Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
IMG_6485.jpeg

For sale Sold 2016 Model S 70D FUSC AP01 only 64k Miles

Sold
Classic Tesla style in beautiful MC Red with Gray interior.
$20,000.00
Available for
  1. Local pickup
  2. Shipping
Year
Vehicle condition
Very Good
Odometer
50,000 - 100,000 mi (80,000 - 160,000 km)
Drivetrain
Dual motor
Color
Red
VIN number
5YJSA1E20GF132709
Status
This item has been sold and is no longer available!

Details

Selling Red Leader, a beautiful Multi-Coat Red 2016 Model S 70D, with free unlimited supercharging, free premium connectivity, highway autopilot (AP01), and only 64,135 miles.
Located in the Dallas, TX, area, but open to shipping at buyer’s expense.

She is a March ‘16 build with grey Next-Gen seats and interior, piano black trim, black Alcantara headliner, and a carbon fiber spoiler. Accident-free and has been an incredibly sound build.

Battery is in great condition, with mostly home charging to 80%. 12v battery was replaced March 2024. MCU replaced September 2020.
Home charging cable and adapters included.

She was a Tesla buyback due to a windshield seal replacement (which was fully repaired with no subsequent issues) and has been in our family ever since. 100% garaged, hand washed only.

Paint is in good condition, with typical Tesla wear on sides and hood. One tiny door ding on driver’s rear quarter panel, and a small scratch on the passenger’s rear quarter panel. One rim has a small amount of curb rash, but the rest are in excellent condition.

She is eligible for the infotainment upgrade (quoted $1750), due to fluid behind the screen (see photos). This does not impede function, and I was told by the service tech it is considered cosmetic.

Unfortunately, our family has outgrown her, so we’re looking to replace with an X. I will not be transferring any features, so her new owner can experience the joys of FUSC, AP01 with USS, free premium connectivity, and the classic styling.

I’ll include what pictures I can (long time lurker, first time poster), but happy to share more as allowed and answer any questions.

04/03 - ETA - I’ve set up KeySavvy to add an extra layer of security for the buyer. For only $79, KeySavvy will facilitate both payment and the tax credit! They can also help with temp plates and other details.
KeySavvy link: www.keysavvy.com/pay/tesla-geasbg
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
An MCU replaced in 2020 would not be able to leak like I see in your pictures. Was that done under warranty? I'm guessing it was the eMMC fix and not an MCU replacement, right?

Have you owned it long enough for it to be eligible for the used car tax credit? If you owned it prior to August 2022, you should use an online broker to give a buyer the potential $4000 tax credit.

Interesting question! It was work done under warranty, with the Service Record (and tech at the time) indicating MCU replacement.

I’m honestly not familiar enough with the intricacies to be able to speak to the difference between an eMMC fix and full MCU replacement, so you’ve given me something to investigate - thanks!

Also, appreciate the suggestion of using a broker. I’ve owned the car more than long enough for it to qualify. If you have any broker suggestions, please send them my way, because the tax credit would make this an even better deal.

Reactions: byeLT4
Interesting question! It was work done under warranty, with the Service Record (and tech at the time) indicating MCU replacement.

I’m honestly not familiar enough with the intricacies to be able to speak to the difference between an eMMC fix and full MCU replacement, so you’ve given me something to investigate - thanks!

Also, appreciate the suggestion of using a broker. I’ve owned the car more than long enough for it to qualify. If you have any broker suggestions, please send them my way, because the tax credit would make this an ever better deal.
keysavvy.com is super easy. They act as a middleman and, for 2024, instantly credit the qualified buyer the 30% up to $4000. There are others but I only personally know of that one.

Reactions: TheOdinson
The picture shows registration sticker May 2019. That's odd.!
Good eye!
Yeah, that’s my fault - I took a remote role right before Covid hit and our third kid came home.
I missed the registration-by-mail window, and then couldn’t physically go up there.
We primarily use our ICE suv now due to space needs, so I never got around to putting a new sticker on it. (Yes, it’s awful, and I totally own that.)
That said, I did contact the DMV and was told the registration won’t be an issue for selling. Backdated fees only apply to me.

How much is left on the loan? What would be required for FUSC to transfer to new owner?
I’d have to look at my statement, but I believe it’s ~$2k.
From what I understand, FUSC will follow the car, so it should be inherited from owner to owner. When I purchased it, I simply downloaded the app and linked this car after ownership was transferred. No phone calls to Tesla or other effort was needed at the time - it was a surprisingly easy process.