Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2016 Model S backup camera a little blurry

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
the backup camera for my car is a little blurry. I can see fine but around the edges it's blurry, it's like it's focus just in the middle Is it normal or there's something wrong with the camera. I own a 2018 model x and a model 3, and neither are blurry. They're super clear. Just notice the blur recently and was wondering if anyone else has the same problem.

I've noticed this recently as well on my S - I can't really pinpoint exactly when it started to know if it is software release related or just random camera issue, but it has been noticeable for 2-3 weeks.
I have an unrelated service appointment scheduled for Monday so I will ask them to look into it when I drop off and report back.

I've noticed this recently as well on my S - I can't really pinpoint exactly when it started to know if it is software release related or just random camera issue, but it has been noticeable for 2-3 weeks.
I have an unrelated service appointment scheduled for Monday so I will ask them to look into it when I drop off and report back.

So were you able to get an answer from them?

When I had my S in for service (2/2016 build), I noticed the loaner S had a much clearer camera. I asked the service tech and he said it was normal. He showed me another 2016 Model S and they were comparable to mine. They upgraded the camera at some point. Aside from cleaning it and removing water, it is probably normal.