Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Front facing camera placement after upgrade....is this normal?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Everyone,

Looking to get some feedback here to see if this is normal.

I recently got my cameras upgraded to enabled FSD beta on my 2017 Model X. Though, when looking at the front facing camera I noticed a pretty big gap between the housing and the glass. Now I'm not sure if this is normal? Maybe I am just noticing it now because they replaced it? Any ideas? (Attached are photos)

Also, has anyone been able to clean the glass that is facing the front facing camera? I noticed in the dashcam video it looks a bit hazy / blurry at night. Just not sure how to remove the camera or would that void the warranty?

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• driverside.jpg
    driverside.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 215
  • passengerside.jpg
    passengerside.jpg
    156.4 KB · Views: 147
That doesn't look right. You can pop that off yourself. Videos to help you see how.

Channel / Title
Living TECH / Tesla Model X BlackVue Dashcam Installation - Part 3
-
Tesla Owners Online / BlackVue Dashcam install in a Tesla Model X
-
Steven Peeters / Blackvue DR900S-4CH dashcam setup in Tesla Model X

Just an update on this, before trying to clean it myself I decided to see if the service center would be able to do it for me (for free) and booked an appointment. Explained to them what's been happening and they booked me in for service. The estimate indicated that it was free so I accepted.

Today was the appointment and they actually found a wiring harness blocking the front camera. They fixed it and cleaned the front camera lens.

Attached is the work done.

Will update here if the warning comes back again.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221107-095031_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20221107-095031_Drive.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 123
Just an update on this, before trying to clean it myself I decided to see if the service center would be able to do it for me (for free) and booked an appointment. Explained to them what's been happening and they booked me in for service. The estimate indicated that it was free so I accepted.

Today was the appointment and they actually found a wiring harness blocking the front camera. They fixed it and cleaned the front camera lens.

Attached is the work done.

Will update here if the warning comes back again.
I just checked mine. The Tesla tech replaced the camera few days ago (apparently the wrong part #) and it looks like yours.

Attachments

• 20648618-CA6C-4F7A-9078-C26CBE2A53ED.jpeg
    20648618-CA6C-4F7A-9078-C26CBE2A53ED.jpeg
    236.2 KB · Views: 83
  • 73AE886C-509B-4FB5-A80F-F96E4327E32D.jpeg
    73AE886C-509B-4FB5-A80F-F96E4327E32D.jpeg
    260.8 KB · Views: 91
  • Informative
Reactions: Shaz