Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blurry backup camera

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I traded-in my 2021 LR for a new 2023 P, and I noticed that the backup camera is blurry, but the SC says it's normal. My previous LR was not blurry like this:

problema_4_1.png

problema_4_3.png

I tried cleaning the camera, and also resetting using the scroll wheels. Do you think a camera calibration from the service menu may fix it?

I tried cleaning the camera, and also resetting using the scroll wheels. Do you think a camera calibration from the service menu may fix it?

No, it's a hardware defect with the lens misconfigured for shallow Depth of Field that focuses only on the foreground. That is the opposite of what you want from a rear-view camera.
However, it's not something that you can adjust via software.

Now, getting Tesla to do something about this under warranty, is another challenge altogether.
Remember how you loved not having a dealer to haggle with when buying the car? Well, this is when not having that dealer on your side to press warranty claims on your behalf comes back to bit you in the rear end. If Tesla refuses to cover something under warranty, your only recourse is the legal system.
😭

The only other actionable suggestion I can offer is try to get lucky by setting up accountments at different SC's, and hope that the new one is more accommodating. This isn't ideal, but that's what you bought into when you got a Tesla.

a

Reactions: pep_dj and TunaBug
Perhaps you can find a fellow owner of a similar car and get some screens shots. If you show them to your SC and and use a little of The Force, you might be surprised. Early in my ownership experience, I had to do this (not the same issue a yours) with my SC. It was kind of hard for them to deny hard evidence. Good luck!

Reactions: pep_dj