Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2016 Model S Refresh Mega-thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For me also, the Model S refresh came out after I placed my order. But I got the email from Tesla stating that my order will include those design and other changes.

I ordered the Glossy Obeche Wood Decor but I liked the Figured Ash Wood Decor (which came out after ordering). Do you think I should ask if they will change it for me without the $500 change? I dont think its fair to not allow the change now; they did not have Figured Ash while ordering otherwise I would have gone with it. What do you all think?

You can ask but the standard answer would be $500 change fee + your price would adjust to what they call the new "price book", which for most would be $1,500 increase or $2k total. I hope they are being flexible with people. I almost asked if I could have the new 72A charger... Still might.

The most beautiful automobile designs in history have a fish mouth grill :cool:

upload_2016-4-17_1-4-51.png

upload_2016-4-17_1-1-46.png

fyi : got email today ): i ll have refresh ( vin 132xxx ) started prod the 8 april
EU car , so i guess all recent builds with premium pack are eligible
My vin is 130xxx, delivery late May/June. I had no communication from dealership but when I asked it was confirmed that my build completed just over a week ago, and when it finally turns up I will get the old nosecone. As someone who only rarely buys a new car (my current car is 12 years old and still looks great) I was hoping that I would have the "latest" version for at least a few years (cosmetically, I realise other changes take place all the time). As it is, my model is the old model, and I won't even get it for another 6-8 weeks! That said, although I thought the nosecone was the weakest part of the old design, I'm not completely sure about the new one either. I've persuaded myself that a few years from now, when model 3s are everywhere, the "classic" nosecone style will be all the better for its rarity!

Here's a picture with a front license mount on this site. Not sure if it's factory or SC installed. Would like to be able to install a plate without drilling though.

Facelift Model S has the following new features - Tesla Models | Tesla Motors | Tesla Model S | Tesla Model X | Tesla Model 3

View attachment 172634
That really makes me wonder where they put the radar, since it's no longer in the lower valance and they just put a license plate across the part of the bumper I assumed it was under...

I'm just about ready to make my big purchase but can't help feeling that something is around the corner for the Model S. There have been rumors of the 100D and a facelift among other things. Right now, I'm waiting until the Model 3 is announced just in case something for the S is announced at the same time. If nothing happens then, I'm not sure if I'll pull the trigger or wait a little longer. I'd really like to get the refreshed looking S or the updated battery.

Anyone else in the same boat?
They will be out with a 110 KW battery soon. I'd wait if I was you.
They also updated the front end to look like the Model X.

That really makes me wonder where they put the radar, since it's no longer in the lower valance and they just put a license plate across the part of the bumper I assumed it was under...
The radar is likely behind the nosecone.. RF can probably pass through it easily. My radar detector is mounted behind my nosecone and wotks just fine. Plastic doesn't interfere like metal would. It can also be off center by a little bit and not really affect performance.

The radar is likely behind the nosecone.. RF can probably pass through it easily. My radar detector is mounted behind my nosecone and wotks just fine. Plastic doesn't interfere like metal would. It can also be off center by a little bit and not really affect performance.

Maybe it is off center. That had been my point - I assumed it was behind the nosecone just like in the X, but I had also assumed they kept it in the center so they wouldn't have to compensate for the offset in all he software and deal with the offset field of view limits. While the nosecone isn't an issue, I expect that a metal license plate would be...