Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor 2016 Tesla Model S: Paint Protection, Correction, and Ceramic Coating

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We had the pleasure of working on this customers 2017 Tesla Model S last week.

We installed paint protection film on the front bumper to stop love bugs and rock chips from damaging the new flat face this model has on the bumper. This area would become a magnet for rock chips and bugs based on its shape.
Guard 1.JPG
Guard 2.JPG
Guard 3.JPG

We also did a paint correction and applied a ceramic coating over the entire car and paint protection film. It adds shine, gloss, and makes the car very low maintenance to wash and maintain.

You can see the amount of gloss and depth that the paint correction and ceramic coating adds in this picture. It creates an almost mirror like finish!
Guard 4.JPG

Some more photos of the finished product.
Guard 5.JPG
Guard 6.JPG
Guard 7.JPG

Feel free to stop by any time to see the APG difference and how paint protection film should be properly installed.
16 Years of Protecting Your Investment!

We had the pleasure of working on this customers 2017 Tesla Model S last week.

We installed paint protection film on the front bumper to stop love bugs and rock chips from damaging the new flat face this model has on the bumper. This area would become a magnet for rock chips and bugs based on its shape.
View attachment 179905 View attachment 179911 View attachment 179910

We also did a paint correction and applied a ceramic coating over the entire car and paint protection film. It adds shine, gloss, and makes the car very low maintenance to wash and maintain.

You can see the amount of gloss and depth that the paint correction and ceramic coating adds in this picture. It creates an almost mirror like finish!
View attachment 179909

Some more photos of the finished product.
View attachment 179908 View attachment 179906 View attachment 179907

Feel free to stop by any time to see the APG difference and how paint protection film should be properly installed.
16 Years of Protecting Your Investment!
It looks amazing, thanks guys!

Beautiful, but there is no such thing as a "2017 Tesla Model S" yet. Tesla doesn't do model years. It makes changes whenever. Only those cars with VIN assigned in 2017 will be registered as 2017.
That is true from Tesla's perspective but finance and insurance companies, the DMV, NHTSA, and everyone else uses model years. Also true about 2017, I assumed that was a typo.

Great install guys, what did you guys wrap it with?

For all forum members that do take delivery of the new Model S, we already have pre-cut kits available. So when you pick up your new Model S, you can have XPEL installed asap, to help prevent rock chips!

XPEL 2017 Model S Kit
I have the XPEL wrapped on my MS. What is the best way to take care of the gloss and finish? Can I wax it with a Meguiars wax? And I washed the car recently and noticed that the film isn't as smooth? Clay bar?any suggestions is appreciated...

Hello. Your right, I called customer it was a letter G which is a 2016. We got excited. lol. We've worked on an R8 yesterday that was 2017...

Sourdoughnerd - I'm sure someone else can recommend a couple places, but here is a good starting point. Copy and paste.
San Francisco-Oakland-Fremont | California | United States

PowderBrown - We recommend spray wax that is clear. Turtle wax ice, Mequiars Ultimate detail spray etc. You can clay the surface of the film using a mild clay bar with soap as the lubricant. Make sure paint and film temp is cool before you start claying the film.

Thanks