Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 100D warranty transfer

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thinking about purchasing a 2017 100D for 28k with 102000 miles. Warranty (on the powertrain and battery) is 8 years with unlimited miles. I understand Tesla allows warranty transfers even if you are 3rd or 4th owner. Still should have over a year and a half of powertrain warranty if previous is true. It is super clean, Black on Black, Socal car. My question is, Is it true that a 3rd or 4th owner can receive the warranty if proper paperwork is filed with Tesla? Is the MCU2 upgrade still $1500. Your thoughts on purchase price and warranty. Thx

ps Bought a new MY this year so no option to receive another tax credit on a new Tesla for 3 years

Yes, the original 8 yr/unlimited mile battery and powertrain warranty should transfer.

Check out this document on Tesla's site about the MCU upgrade. The cost depends on what vintage of autopilot computer and runs between $1,750 and $2,250 depending upon that configuration.

• Helpful
Reactions: outdoors