Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017.28.4cf44833 (spoiler: nothing new in release notes)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Speed-dependent audio volume would be great. I already requested that by writing to the Tesla service email address. I hope many people do.
I rented a crappy Mazda recently and IT had this feature. How hard can this be? Tesla has no commitment to providing useful features to its customers. Forget self - driving functionality for now, give us expanded voice control of functions, auto high beams that work correctly, auto wipers and a 20th century audio interface!

By just reading the website of the Security Team that has done the hack you could have know better. They explicit state that the flaws they found are fixed in versions 17.26.0 and above.

Article is dated August 1 and article also mentions they succeeded several times before the last attempt mentioned and 17.26.0 was ages ago so either your info is wrong or this article dated yesterday is useless.

From that article:

But the researchers said they believed hacking should be fun, which is why their grand finale was a syncronized light show using the Tesla's exterior lighting systems synched to music. Flashing patterns covered the vehicle, with the lights clearly operating in a way not intended by the manufacturer. The gull-wing doors even opened and bobbed up and down like rhythmic rabbit years. A member of the research team told the audience that making this light show work properly was very difficult, and required all of the vulnerabilities they had found.

.. is that just the TSO Easter Egg? :)

Go the 17.28.4cf44833 yesterday and I think it is braking more quickly again compared to 17.28.c528869

Yesterday it braked hard for nothing then a truck on the far right lane or traffic sign I do not know which is was.

It also slows down many time for upcoming traffic in a corner I take every day. It’s a two way road with just one white line separating the sides.

Overall I notice that on the highway the sharper highway bends are still very shaky and I have to take over many times. Or the car slows down much which is not nice for cars behind me.

Last I noticed no difference in line detection. When there is an extra black line in de middle or side of the road AP2 just does not work or make dangerous steering correction by following the wrong line.
20170721_124445.jpg

I just noticed a clear difference with the previous release.

I drove onto a highway with a roadwork related barrier right next to the left most lane.
Entering from the right, I drove straight to this left most lane, so I could overtake slower traffic.
Here it comes: Halfway into the left lane the car started beeping and steering back to the right! Never seen that happen before.

I also noticed that it started steering away from traffic close to the side of the car.

I just noticed a clear difference with the previous release.

I drove onto a highway with a roadwork related barrier right next to the left most lane.
Entering from the right, I drove straight to this left most lane, so I could overtake slower traffic.
Here it comes: Halfway into the left lane the car started beeping and steering back to the right! Never seen that happen before.

I also noticed that it started steering away from traffic close to the side of the car.

Is that on AP2? I wonder if they enabled the side collision avoidance steering... I started another thread about this, but I’ve only ever heard side collision warnings (beeps), rather than felt the active side collision avoidance (I.e it steers you away from stuff). I did experience SCA on AP1, and it was pretty noticeable in some situations. Never felt it on AP2 though....

Is that on AP2? I wonder if they enabled the side collision avoidance steering... I started another thread about this, but I’ve only ever heard side collision warnings (beeps), rather than felt the active side collision avoidance (I.e it steers you away from stuff). I did experience SCA on AP1, and it was pretty noticeable in some situations. Never felt it on AP2 though....
the steering thing was in the release notes from 17.18.50 or so I believe.

I sometimes feel side collision avoidance when I drive onto the expressway ramp on my right (RHD). The ramp creates an additional lane going up right away, so I have to quickly change lane to the right. There is a concrete wall on my right and I sometimes get side collision avoidance and the car steers back into the original lane, which still gets me to the expressway but via a wrong toll gate.

Speed-dependent audio volume was included in a beta release about 2 years ago and pulled before the public release. I have no idea why...

I'd much rather see auto wipers and reading speed limit signs come back before any media changes or upgrades.

I was a beta tester with my Model S 85 AP1 but when I replaced it with a Model S 100D AP2 they didn't keep me "in" - saying they already had enough testers with my new car's configuration. Stupid, if you ask me - my experience with AP1 would have given them valuable feedback.

I have had that collision avoidance steering for the last two firmwares, that must have been 17.26.76 I first noticed it. Quite a bit surprising the first time, and not sure if it could lead to a bigger problem or save the day. Especially in slippery conditions (aka winter).