Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Model X 90D with AP2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
An AP2 X90D is very far from a unicorn because they still sold 90D’s into 2017. Any late build 2016 (last three months) is AP2 and they were in full production, there are no late build AP1’s and all 17’s are AP2. There are even 2017 AP2 X60D’s that were ordered early while offered but not built till much later due to seating or other delays, those are much more rare though and getting more rare as they are unlocked to 75’s. There are just fewer model X cars being sold but as the numbers increase you will certainly start seeing more AP2 2016’s. In my opinion the AP2 S90D and X 90D cars were some of the best deals as they fire sale priced brand new cars to clear inventory as they discontinued them while they were still producing them.
Believe me, I thought the same thing, but I have yet to see another one. That's how I stumbled upon this thread - I was looking to see who else had a Model X 90D with AP2. Plus, mine also has the software. I went all in. This is also why I checked every single option box when I ordered. This is something else I haven't seen on any other MX90D. Most people in the south don't bother ordering a cold weather package but I said, "what the heck, go big or go home". We ended up having one of the coldest winters we've had in a while. I also have ventilated seats. It was still being offered when I got my 90D but they omitted it from the 100D. I may have some high mileage but I have yet to see another MX90D like mine and I'd go as far as to say that mine is probably the only one made.

Believe me, I thought the same thing, but I have yet to see another one. That's how I stumbled upon this thread - I was looking to see who else had a Model X 90D with AP2. Plus, mine also has the software. I went all in. This is also why I checked every single option box when I ordered. This is something else I haven't seen on any other MX90D. Most people in the south don't bother ordering a cold weather package but I said, "what the heck, go big or go home". We ended up having one of the coldest winters we've had in a while. I also have ventilated seats. It was still being offered when I got my 90D but they omitted it from the 100D. I may have some high mileage but I have yet to see another MX90D like mine and I'd go as far as to say that mine is probably the only one made.
Hey, you got me wondering if I was wrong so I just took a minute and searched 2016 X90D’s online to see how many AP2’s came up. The 3rd, 7th, 12th, etc match up, lots of them. I literally took one minute so I didn’t look at CarGurus or any other sites but I guarantee if you look they are there too. Granted they are not as common as AP1 2016s but I’m not kidding they built thousands of them. All of the X90D production after October was AP2, almost a full quarter. Both of these may be priced higher than Tesla is selling CPO’s for right now and neither have 22" wheels, I wasn’t recommending the cars, just that they are AP2 X90D’s
https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/750438949/overview/
https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/743256623/overview/

Reactions: 8XATL
Hey, you got me wondering if I was wrong so I just took a minute and searched 2016 X90D’s online to see how many AP2’s came up. The 3rd, 7th, 12th, etc match up, lots of them. I literally took one minute so I didn’t look at CarGurus or any other sites but I guarantee if you look they are there too. Granted they are not as common as AP1 2016s but I’m not kidding they built thousands of them. All of the X90D production after October was AP2, almost a full quarter. Both of these may be priced higher than Tesla is selling CPO’s for right now and neither have 22" wheels, I wasn’t recommending the cars, just that they are AP2 X90D’s
https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/750438949/overview/
https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/743256623/overview/
Wow!! I really appreciate you sharing this!! I just wish that market values would reflect this configuration.

The thing that sucks about buying a Tesla from a dealer or broker and not private party is that you will never be able to buy an extended warranty.
That’s true but some say they have purchased extended warranties with a dealer in the ownership chain, possibly an oversight on Tesla’s part or maybe they don’t enforce that rule. We have purchased extended warranties for all of ours and after reading so many comments of how people without them never reach that $5000 plus cash outlay on repairs it makes me wonder if I’m doing the right thing. We have three so we are out about $15,000 in extended warranty cost so we might be better off rolling the dice. My sons S will pass 100,000 miles after about 5.5 years of ownership so we will only get 1.5 years out of that $5,000 warranty.

Are you on extended warranty now? FSD paid?

I completely understand your skepticism. I truly didn't realize my Model X was so unique until I listed it for sale and had a few people challenge me about the features. I have AP2. It's a unicorn and I can certainly prove it. The attached photo is the best physical proof I have to show because it shows the "90D" badge and you can zoom in to see the B-pillarbut. However, if you go to "only used Tesla" it is listed there with the option codes. Adam refused to list my vehicle with AP2 until I went to Tesla and had them print out the option codes. You may ask, "what makes you so special that you would have Tesla build you a unicorn??" Well, it's a long story. I really hate to sell my Model X but personal financial circumstances are forcing me to part with it. I do have interest but it's first come, first serve. And One More Thing: Anyone who knows anything about EVs and Tesla's warranties knows that miles don't mean anything. I've never driven a more mechanically sound vehicle for 78,000 miles without any issues until now.

Everyone, I stand corrected. My Model X is no longer eligible for an ESA. However, the warranty on the battery and drive train stays with the vehicle until 12/31/2024. Also, the vehicle has free lifetime supercharging which is also transferable.