Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 Model X, no left turning signal on dashboard while turning lights are on. enhanced autopilot can not engage left turn.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a model x 2017, and have the problem of left turning signal on the dashboard and autopilot.

While I push to left turn, the exterior turning lights are on, but there is no any turning signal or sounds on the dashboard. And I can not engage the left turn of enhanced autopilot.

Any suggestions? Thanks

Check service mode for any error and diagnostics

I will access the service mode to see what information I can get.

In the meantime, I contacted Tesla and as told, they need to do a Low Voltage Circuit Integrity Check. No idea what it is and whether I need to pay big amount for the electronic circuit board. Do you have any ideas about the Integrity Check. Thanks.

Attachments

• 微信图片_20231220163800.jpg
    微信图片_20231220163800.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 51
Before cars were computers, turn signals lighting solid or flashing quickly was an indicator that one or more bulbs were burnt out. Perhaps this is still the case with the LEDs in modern vehicles, as those would be part of a low voltage (12V) circuit (same as incandescent bulbs would have been, though there was no high voltage circuit in the past). If you can see that one of the lights is NOT lit, there is a chance it is the problem. However, unless you are going to attempt to resolve the problem yourself afterwards (by replacing whatever assembly houses that light or going full DIY to rebuild said assembly), I suspect they will likely still charge for this service. I also suspect they will suggest, accurately or otherwise, that said light might not be the issue.

Before cars were computers, turn signals lighting solid or flashing quickly was an indicator that one or more bulbs were burnt out. Perhaps this is still the case with the LEDs in modern vehicles, as those would be part of a low voltage (12V) circuit (same as incandescent bulbs would have been, though there was no high voltage circuit in the past). If you can see that one of the lights is NOT lit, there is a chance it is the problem. However, unless you are going to attempt to resolve the problem yourself afterwards (by replacing whatever assembly houses that light or going full DIY to rebuild said assembly), I suspect they will likely still charge for this service. I also suspect they will suggest, accurately or otherwise, that said light might not be the issue.
Except he said the exterior lights were working fine. Just not showing on the ICD, and silent. <puzzle>

Except he said the exterior lights were working fine. Just not showing on the ICD, and silent. <puzzle>
So what you are telling me is that "on" means flashing? Guess I need to update my dictionary...

ETA: And not only does "on" apparently mean flashing, but apparently it means flashing at the normal rate. That is a pretty powerful new word.

ETA2: And apparently it also means that every single relevant light was closely inspected to confirm this. I'm so sorry my posts aren't helpful because I don't know what things like "on" mean.

Last edited:
So what you are telling me is that "on" means flashing? Guess I need to update my dictionary...

ETA: And not only does "on" apparently mean flashing, but apparently it means flashing at the normal rate. That is a pretty powerful new word.

ETA2: And apparently it also means that every single relevant light was closely inspected to confirm this. I'm so sorry my posts aren't helpful because I don't know what things like "on" mean