Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Able to Replace Left Front Quarter Panel Turn Signal?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry. Yes, it is still under warranty for another year. For some reason, I didn't think that light bulbs were covered under warranties.
The warranty doesn't appear to have any exclusions for the headlights.
https://digitalassets.tesla.com/tes.../tesla-new-vehicle-limited-warranty-en-us.pdf
Also there are no user replaceable bulbs in the headlight, so it's going to be part of the assembly, which is warrantied with the car. Take pictures of evidence of the issue, report it in the app, take screenshots for your records (sometimes service requests can get deleted). This will ensures that you have record of it failed under warranty, so even if there is delay in scheduling a fix (which may extend until your warranty expires), you won't have to argue about it.

The warranty doesn't appear to have any exclusions for the headlights.
https://digitalassets.tesla.com/tes.../tesla-new-vehicle-limited-warranty-en-us.pdf
Also there are no user replaceable bulbs in the headlight, so it's going to be part of the assembly, which is warrantied with the car. Take pictures of evidence of the issue, report it in the app, take screenshots for your records (sometimes service requests can get deleted). This will ensures that you have record of it failed under warranty, so even if there is delay in scheduling a fix (which may extend until your warranty expires), you won't have to argue about it.
This isn't the headlight assembly. It is the amber bulb on the left front quarter panel that has the rear camera integrated with it.

An update on this. I took it into the service center today and what happened is that a rodent chewed through one of the wires and they need to repair the wires on the repeater. The service guy said that rodents like Teslas because of the heat given off by the batteries and this is a common occurence. Even though I live in Texas, I have my car in New Jersey and this did happen right when it started getting colder, so I believe him.

I'm not sure if they will still cover the repair under the warranty. I am expecting to have to pay. They didn't have the part today, so I am bringing it back Thursday. I will update then, on if they paid for it or not.

An update on this. I took it into the service center today and what happened is that a rodent chewed through one of the wires and they need to repair the wires on the repeater. The service guy said that rodents like Teslas because of the heat given off by the batteries and this is a common occurence. Even though I live in Texas, I have my car in New Jersey and this did happen right when it started getting colder, so I believe him.

I'm not sure if they will still cover the repair under the warranty. I am expecting to have to pay. They didn't have the part today, so I am bringing it back Thursday. I will update then, on if they paid for it or not.
Check with your auto insurance company. In the past this has been documented to be covered by auto insurance.

Reactions: Zdcatc12