Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2017 S 75 Door Handles Presenting Issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ever since the car was new, the door handles only present about 50% of the time. Most of the time I have to grab the fob out of my pocket and double click to get them to present. Doesn't matter if I walk around the entire car, press the handles, dance, ect. it just randomly presents about 50% of the time. Tech said there is nothing wrong last couple visits and either doesn't believe me or this is normal. Is it normal for the handles to only present half the time (regardless of power saving/always on features, tried them all) or do they need to fix it? And why won't they present all the time? Also doesn't matter if hot or cold out, both present 50% of the time.

My door handle wouldn't unlatch the door about 80% of the time. I took video if the issue and requested service thru Tesla app. It them a couple weeks but they came out. Sure enough the door opened like normal so I said I have videos of it not working and he changed out the wiring harness and micro switch. Take video of the issue and try again.